• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

d60/10.25

Six-Nine

I picked up a hp60 and a ford sterling. There is tons of info available on the d60, but I am not finding much on the sterling. I do know this, It is a boat anchor! Here is a pic of the shaft-
DSCF1198.jpg

1.5", 35 spline full float. There are lockers available for it(no spool) and I have found gearing as deep as 5.38's (to match the hp60) Does anyone have any info or first hand experience? I was thinking of running it, simply because It was basically free. So should I gear it, weld the piss out of it and run it?

Can't beat free, and the only cost will be the gears. Seems like if it doesn't work out, you can always go find a 60 and swap it right in place with minimal fuss.

IMO I would dump the stearling and get a 60 for the rear--but thats just me... But the aftermarket world has increased there avaiable gear sets for those stearlings.....

you will hear good and bad about the sterlings. some have troubles, and others dont. I had no issues what so ever when i was running mine, its just when it came time to gear my rig, a 14b with a detroit fell into my lap.

x2 on a rear 60, there super cheap at pick and pull yards, or get a rear 70. im running that and they seem to be a great stock rear end. stock with 35 spline shafts, monsters. anyways i want to see the buildup asap Joe.