• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

Here something I found that my dad had taken I think last year. This is where it lived for many years.

dad275.jpg

dad276.jpg

went over there tonight, and the right side inner fender well is ready to weld on tomorrow, then I will paint it with the Eastwood rust stuff that Crash got, then probably Tuesday or Wednesday CT will weld on the right quarter panel, and begin working on the drivers side

Ok I went up and saw the car last night and visited with CT and my brother.

Here is CT workin away removing a quarter panel.

dad282.jpg

dad283.jpg

dad284.jpg

Here are the rear inner fender wells--ya they are shot.

dad285.jpg

dad286.jpg

dad287.jpg

He got the passenger side done. He didn't cut all the way up into where the inner structure meets the fenderwell and it made sense as to why he did what he did. Why replace good sheetmetal.

dad288.jpg

One of the replacement 1/4 panels.

dad289.jpg

dad290.jpg

Don and CT decided to pull the windshield.

dad291.jpg

dad292.jpg

CT was concerned with rust around the windshield and yup--a couple pinholes. Ct made it sound like no big deal to take care of.

dad293.jpg

The doors my dad had picked up were a little rough(but FAR better than the origional ones). One of the doors had a small hole in it so CT fixed it.

dad294.jpg

And some mud on that door.

dad295.jpg

dad296.jpg

And my bro Don working away---makeing a mess(he's gotten quite goods at that---muhahahaha)

Ct went and got the passenger fender pulled off.

dad298.jpg

They were going thru the car and finding more areas of rust--nothing drastic just a little more work to kill it. Ct seemed that it wasn't too bad and no biggie.

dad299.jpg

dad300.jpg

Some fender lovin.

dad301.jpg

Good thing I vacuumed the inside--ha ha ha ha

dad302.jpg

So CT has to pull the drivers fender and replace the drivers fenderwell. At that point he said he will be ready to get the 1/4 panels on.

I talked with him last night to get a rough idea of a timeline for me to get it back--he roughly figured 4 weeks.

okay got out there today, CT has the right quarter panel welded on, and is beginning to bodywork the right side as he has the right side all lined up, and tomorrow he will get the left wheelhouse cut and ready to patch, I was unable to get any pictures that I can transfer easily, but did get some cell phone pics to share with Bob tomorrow at dinner

So the left rear quarter is on and I believe the right one is now on as well and CT was getting ready to do the filler panel between the rar window/trunk.

dad307.jpg

dad308.jpg

dad309.jpg

I realized why I dont like body work..... lots of work and you dont see the end until paint goes on.

Nice looking so far:awesomework: