• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

That accelerator pivot is definitely different...couldn't you modify the one he picked up, at least for now?

Mike i can look at mine and see what the diference is. i can get back to ya about noonish.

That accelerator pivot is definitely different...couldn't you modify the one he picked up, at least for now?

Mike i can look at mine and see what the diference is. i can get back to ya about noonish.

I could modify it and I might have to. One thing I can tell thats different from the one I have to the one that belongs is the pivat piece on the link on the passenger side is different than what is supposed to be there.

But hip if you can look at yours and compare for me :awesomework:

i will look at what I have on the parts car that I will be scrapping soon...

if it is what you need, you are welcome to it...

Do ya have all the parts?

65-66mustaccellink%5B1%5D.jpg

I had asked my dad if his under dash lamps ever worked--he looked at me and said "there was underdash lamps" ha ha ha. Ya I guess they never worked,lol.

Well I cleaned and painted the mounts and new bulbs and got them installed on both passenger/driver side.

dad221.jpg

One thing I have been trying to get to was the rear passenger windows. The driver side needed help to roll it up/down and the passenger, well it fell down and won't go back up. Wellsince my list of need to do's before paint is getting small and my needed parts is smaller I figured I would dive into them.

Started by tearing apart the drivers side. It actually was easier than I thought. Started by removing the one remocable guide rail, the regulator and then you remove the main track assembly, slide the window out then the track assembly.

dad222.jpg

I cleaned the window, polished the chrome to remove the black overspray from when the interior was painted. I sanded down all the guides and emeryclothed the plastic parts that ride in the guides lightly.

All ready to go back together.

dad223.jpg

So I lubed all the tracks and reinstalled everything back into the drivers side. Now the widow moves like silk and works pretty good. You can tell there is a little wear on the regulator and other components but in all its really good.

I then tore down the passenger side. The main roller had popped off the guide on the bottom of the window. That was probably due to too much force to overcome the rusted tracks. I should be able to fix this side up too.. Will know more later tonight.

dad224.jpg

dad225.jpg

Mike i looked at my throttle linkage and it is as depicted in the above drawing for a 289....

So I worked the back windows up/down a dozen times and the grease has worked its way into everything and they now work like silk.

dad226.jpg

So like I had mentioned earlier I was going to make the accelerator rod we had work. Well it took allot of work and allot of in/out to get it right. I am very confident its going to work perfect and it seems to.

I am not 100% sure on the pedal location as it sits. I won't know till the interior is in to be 100% certain on it--but it looks pretty close.

dad227.jpg

In order to make the passenger side mount I flipped it(once the rod was cut I was able to remove it) and notched it for brake line clearance.

dad228.jpg

I lengthened and bent the rod accordingly and was able to get the geometry right on the money. I still need to make a tab off the bottom of the rod for the return spring to sit. But clearance to the intake manifold and the angles on the pivat points are right on.

dad229.jpg

Due to the carb being different than the stock one I am pretty certain the linkage mounts are too. So I had to slightly modify the carb(removed one ball pivat) and made a new mount for the linkage to mount to. It turned out pretty good and when the throttle linkage goes from idle to wot its perfect.

dad230.jpg

dad231.jpg

So I pulled it last night and added a tab for the return spring and painted it all up. I will have that installed tonight.

I am not 100% sure on the pedal location as it sits. I won't know till the interior is in to be 100% certain on it--but it looks pretty close.

Great work so far by the way...

that gas pedal looks pretty darn close to my ex's 66 stang's location... like super cose..

so i am sure it will work out for ya...

I was gonna suggest how easy it would be to just modify the linkage you have instead of going on a wild goose hunt for something you could make in less time than looking for one.

But then you wouldnt have done it.:D