• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

So my dad was SUPER excited that it was done. He called and said he wanted to come get it. Told him a few things he needed to know. He hopped in, started it and drove it off.... Felt kinda odd but I was very happy.

dad569.jpg

dad570.jpg

dad571.jpg

dad572.jpg

dad573.jpg

I spent a good number of hours cleaning my shop and organizing a bunch of stuff and getting the flatfender thats in the shop moved to get back under way on that.

And here is where the car will be tucked away safe and sound. My dad has this put up just for his pony. It will keep the car out of sight, and dry and safe. I am sure there will be lots of stuff inside here soon along with allot of the old stuff off the car I saved for him.

dad574.jpg

dad575.jpg

dad576.jpg

And it felt odd to not see the car in the shop last night--really odd.

Well that finishes this chapter of a book but like a good novel there are other chapters to it that have not been writen.

But I will continue to keep you updated to how my father is doing. In fact he just went to start his 3rd round of chemo..

Would your dad consider showing the car at a car show? I am sure he would get tons of admirers. :cool: But I know it is not everybody's thing.

My dad actually has his calendar marked up with all the local car shows and he is looking forward to going to a bunch..

So here is something I can use your guys help with.

My dad posted the car on Jay Leno's garage. I guess the car that gets the most comments wins car of the month and I think it would be great if his car could get that..

Here is the link

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/photos/ford---mustang/4787/#item=173495

Thanks for the support and I know he would be SUPER stoked if it could win...

And just to add in case you didn't see Hip's post in the chatter box. The herald did an article in todays paper, and it was a very well written article. I'm super super proud of all the hard work that Both Michael and Don did and only wish the article could have explained even half of what this has meant for Bob.

Thank you again, to those who followed this build thread, Bob was very touched by everyones support.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20110520/NEWS01/705209875

Family restores Stanwood man

My dad actually has his calendar marked up with all the local car shows and he is looking forward to going to a bunch..

HAD I known about the recent one in Burlington, I'd have definitely gone to see it in person...It's enough of a work of art on screen---I can only imagine in person!:awesomework:

My dad is going to be at the car show in duval tommorow. So if anybody is heading to it stop by and say hello to him...

So here is something I can use your guys help with.

My dad posted the car on Jay Leno's garage. I guess the car that gets the most comments wins car of the month and I think it would be great if his car could get that..

Here is the link

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/photos/ford---mustang/4787/#item=173495

Thanks for the support and I know he would be SUPER stoked if it could win...

So far your dad's in the lead with 12 comments, next person has 1 :haha:

I figured it was time for an update...

I was at my folks house on sunday where I helped my dad make breakfast for everybody and it was nice day to spend with my dad, brothers and sisters.

We also got lucky and the sun was out so I had my dad pull the car out to finally see it in the sun--wow...... wow---it looked just wonderful in the bright sunlight.

The downside and made for a rough day today as my dad went in for another round of chemo. They did a CT scan and found his tumor has grown and the latest chemo is not doing what it should. This round is different than the first round he did and that mixture was causing nerve damage and my dad still has not regained some feeling in his fingers from it.

So right now I don't know what the next step is and will have to wait till my dad talks with his doctor and go from there...

I got a text from Bob the other day that said that the "growth of the tumor was a different doctor than his regular doctor" and that the regular doctor said that things are holding steady and following the intended path basically, so we got some good news