• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Deathwobble - 08 Cummins

until recently.. Mine is the only Dodge to have the "t" style setup.. WHY they screwed up and only used it for a year I have no idea.. 98 was seriously an oddball year.

It,s your trackbar,or some people call it panhard bar,I have had 3 dodge diesels now with leveling kits and all have had that problem, 97,02,05.Dtprofab makes the best afftermarket trackbar out there its4130 chromeoly w/hime joints,they are $370.00 dynomite diesel and randys offroad have them in stock. It will also re-cener your front axle

Update:

Had schwab do an alignment and none of the parameters where very far out of spec. Dropped it off at the dealer and they said the steering box, tie rod, and drag link were all worn and replaced them under warranty. Truck drives much smoother now.

I'm planning on putting a 6" lift on it at some point, so I'll upgrade the trackbar then.

Way OT

but no one usually notices. In this pic, if you know you can see some of the changes.

IMG_2169.jpg

Wheel backspacing make allot of difference in the tires rubbing.

Good to know. I'm actually looking at a 4.5" now. The 4.5" lifts are 4.5" in the front and 2" in the back. I have a 2" leveling kit on the front right now with 315/70R17s and they rub the splash guards a little.

What wheels are you running? That can make all the difference in the world. I have run stock wheels, weld wheels, now the H2s. The other option is 1/2" longer control arms. That helps also.

My quick and simple no major sheet metal mod.

Open up two lower mounting holes with a file or uni bit. Then push lower fender back.

lower bolt hole
fender1.jpg

upper bolt hole, under fender liner
fender2.jpg

When I was running some different wheels, I also needed to remove some of the inner lower fender. Not a big issue. I then also bent over the pinch weld, as seen in pic one.

I always figured if I buggered them up to much, I would just run fiberglass fenders.

Stock Laramie wheels right now, not sure if I'm going to keep them with the 37s. I have a new set of 37x12.50/17 Goodyear MTRs.

Do you have any pictures of your truck?

Yep, the entire truck.

Thinking the H2s will be better than the stock Laramie's. I have a set of black PCd wheels in the garage.

Suspension stuff, Lorenz Suspension, 3" front coils, new rear springs. 2.5" SAW RR shocks, front and rear. More stuff, Buckstop bumper with winch. Can-back canopy, all blacked out. Just added a tiregate tire carrier.

I was one of the first people to run the Lorenz suspension. It has served me well, many other options now.
I picked up most of the bolt on stuff off craigslist, or off the 99 I sold.

Any way, the truck.

SANY0044-4.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

Yup. You need to get the vehicle aligned. Need to add more CASTER to the front wheels. You may need to buy slightly longer lower stabilizer arms. But that will fix your problem 100%

Latest posts