• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

Technician said:
If you build with smaller sections (like just do the frame rails) You can build and evaluate as you go. Just use some 1.5 tube to slug with. I know the feeling when you **** up a piece of tube. Just my thought. I know you know what your doing. Keep up the good work.
Yea I prefer to build bigger sections and minimize the # of slugs, I tend to **** up atleast one piece of tube on very chassis usually its a smaller one thou.

Got some of the Swag stuff on the roller and added a receiver to the side of the bender for it. Still waiting on the HF pipe threader to show up to make this thing powered but did roll a piece just to check it out.

Also measured for our custom front Rcv axles so I can Email that off to Rocky at Wideopen and get them ordered up.

Day job is killing me, and we are in the middle of fall softball season for my kid and I coach. After fall crawl in 2 weeks every one will stop bothering me to get rigs ready and softball will be over so can kick the buggy build in high gear and get something done.

All right full size axle guru's I cut down the bolt on rear disc bracket and set it up for weld on, does this look right and legit?

What ive always done is apply shop air to the caliper while on the bracket and it will auto center on the rotor then tack and verify then burn in.

Re: Re: "Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

Looks like they will when the piston retracts...they appear extended a bit

Re: Re: "Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

Rokcrler said:
Looks like they will when the piston retracts...they appear extended a bit

The piston retracting would make the situation I'm referring to worse. I'm talkin about the outside of the caliper pin (not the side with the socket head).

The caliper is supposed to float on that pin, but the outer ears on those calipers usually have a heavy O ring in them as an anti-rattle device, and can sometimes keep the pin from going all the way through easily.

Rokcrler said:
What ive always done is apply shop air to the caliper while on the bracket and it will auto center on the rotor then tack and verify then burn in.
Kinda did that with a c clamp then measured the rotor to bracket clearence in 2 spots with caliper.
kmcminn said:
The stained concrete floors look good.
Doin work son. ;D
TBItoy said:
The piston retracting would make the situation I'm referring to worse. I'm talkin about the outside of the caliper pin (not the side with the socket head).

The caliper is supposed to float on that pin, but the outer ears on those calipers usually have a heavy O ring in them as an anti-rattle device, and can sometimes keep the pin from going all the way through easily.
They slid over easy with the pads out, If I am thinking right as the pads wear the caliper will slid over to compensate. Should be a fixed caliper on a full float axle anyway the way I see it but not gonna spend time reinventing the wheel on this.

Welded both side of both brackets on. 1/2 wrap of the axle and tied into the top of the link mounts.

Busy as hell getting ready for the run this weekend, plus Had to do some work on a bike. I did the rigid conversion and the gsxr fork conversion then he finished it out and I am doing the headlight mount and some other odds and ends.
Should be a box full of fancy from WOD when I get home so will get some thing done tonight.

Technician said:
That bike is pure sex.
Yea it turned out nice, I finished the headlight and built a steering stop for it today then loaded it up to back to the owner.
Got a box full of fancy from Wide Open Design.

Psc 2.5x8".

Started mocking up the bracket kit but either the bolts are to short or the spacers are to long? figure it out tomorrow.

Well its the bolts are to short, will stop by fastenal and see if I can some an inch longer.

Went ahead and mocked it all up anyway, with this kit will have plenty of room to get upper link in there. Took a couple shots of the kit mounted for anyone else looking at this kit.

Came home from the wheeling weekend to more parts from WOD.

A shot of Hadley's driving skills, "almost had that."