• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

Badass front and rear axles but got a ? do u have to run special cut gears or just run regular 14 bolt gears?

Technician said:
Is the 6.0 gonna run on the open circuit? :driving:
Not sure what you are asking? if its wiring then its a pacfab ready to run that we had them swap the drive by wire throttle body out for a cable one, brand new cut down harness and reflashed computer. It made 410 with the factory manifolds and I will be building long tube headers for it so 425ish.
1badlscrawler said:
Badass front and rear axles but got a ? do u have to run special cut gears or just run regular 14 bolt gears?
These are turned down for the shave kits but yes Nitro 5.38's the front will run on the coast side but no worries.
frittsx4 said:
Nice, and yes I'm still entertained :****:
Thanks.

Are they standard rotation or reverse rotation gears? Sorry for all the ?s but mite be building a 14 bolt front just wasnt sure on the r&p.

1badlscrawler said:
Are they standard rotation or reverse rotation gears? Sorry for all the ?s but mite be building a 14 bolt front just wasnt sure on the r&p.

They are the exact same gears Front and Rear.

No such thing as "reverse rotation" gears. Without moving the pinion to the other side of the ring gear, you can't reverse the rotation of the gears (aka flipping the whole axle upside down)

Even high pinion axles aren't "reverse rotation", they have a reverse spiral/reverse hypoid cut on the gears, but they still rotate the same direction.

I didnt think there was but i was talking to someone bout building one and he told me to ask? I thought he was full of crap when he said reverse rotation gears. I guess i shouldnt ask just anyone bout major parts.

Technician said:
If it runs open loop you it will bypass the O2 sensor.
It will have O2 sensors.
Got what felt like nothing done yesterday, but the Ls is stripped and a pile of un needed is on the floor.

Did some cleaning and then began getting the axles squared and welded to the chassis jig.

Set the belly at 18" and the axles at full stuff.

Started the morning with welding the rear axle into the jig.

Then laid out all the tranny stuff.

Me on the right and Hadley on left breaking it down.

Hadley fighting with the piston seals, it took close to 3 hours and help from my brother to install 2 seals.

Tranny all done and mated to the Atlas.

Technician said:
Any mods to the tranny?
Monster in a box kit with red clutches, kevlar bands, reverse manual valve body, shift kit, upgraded sprag, upgrade drums, chromo 32 spline output shaft, upgraded pump and extra capacity pan. I think thats it, I hate auto trans and wanted to go nv4500 but its not my buggy and this trans should hold up and launch preety good with the 2200 stall we got.

Florida Association of Toyota Trucks is having their 7th annual Turkey Crawl event. All are invited to ride. November 15th, 16th, and 17th.

Technician said:
Y'all need to come down to Chocco in November. Big toyota event.
BBRC Fall Crawl at gore will probably be the last big out of town run for us this year, have to see how bad I wad my buggy up and how the budget looks.

Mated drive train, then spent a couple hours setting it in the jig and finding the best placement.

Hadley stopped in and did some assembly on the front axle.

Drive train in final resting place, need to build some temp braces to hold it all tomorrow.

Got 10 sticks to get us started on the chassis.

Drivetrain fixtured into the jig.

Gonna be teaching Hadley and some others some tube bending so I bent up a 90 with a tape measure to show take up.

Hadley showed up and jumped right into putting the rear disc brake conversion on.

And it was right about here we found out we had an interference problem.

Turns out our 14 is a newer model Van axle so gonna have to mod the brackets and make it work. Hope to get the gears in soon also just waiting on all the 1410 flanges to come in from High angle Driveline.

Lookin flashemifyougotem guess I better get my ass in the shop and get back to work on the buggies myself, on a side note we will be at rausch Saturday if your bored! Gotta enjoy these nice days while ya can before snows in the air!!

Got the hf roller today, gonna add all the swag stuff to it tomorrow.

Passenger side frame rail in progress.

Driver side upper rail tacked in place with some scrap.

After putting the pass rail in place and spending much time looking at it, I have come to the determination that the entire thing needs to be redone. Some how all the bends are off and it does not match the driver side, so it will get cut up later to reuse what we can and a new rail will need to bent. Needless to say I was pissed and quit for the day.

If you build with smaller sections (like just do the frame rails) You can build and evaluate as you go. Just use some 1.5 tube to slug with. I know the feeling when you **** up a piece of tube. Just my thought. I know you know what your doing. Keep up the good work.