• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Discover Pass coming to two vehicles!

I hate that we have to pay at all, but would like to eventually see it on par with the Forest pass, (which it should have been modeled after in the first place :rolleyes: )

Then support SB5998

See thread in legislative forum.

listen to this regarding some disco pass hearings..
http://www.tvw.org/index.php?option=com_tvwplayer&eventID=2012021013

around minute 9 to 11... its hilarious. "Black Market for discovery passes"

I was thinking that all the BS aboot...About the campers getting a discount on the pass was Fawkin BS.. make them pay the same amount us wheelers HAVE to pay!!!!!!!!:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::corn: I'm not going to say anything about at hikers people sounding less than Manley!!!!!:stirpot::corn::corn:

Thank you Japerry for bringing the BS involved in the BS about all this Hubbub to do with the pass's to light i hope that the wheelers in the state figure out that we..(as wheelers need to come together and force the issue with the people that think they have...OUR best intrests at heart!!!!!!Keep up the links of the TVW stuff that we need to know about!!!!!Thanks Bill W.!!!!!!!:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

Last edited:
I was thinking that all the BS aboot...About the campers getting a discount on the pass was Fawkin BS.. make them pay the same amount us wheelers HAVE to pay!!!!!!!!:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::corn: I'm not going to say anything about at hikers people sounding less than Manley!!!!!:stirpot::corn::corn:

Thank you Japerry for bringing the BS involved in the BS about all this Hubbub to do with the pass's to light i hope that the wheelers in the state figure out that we..(as wheelers need to come together and force the issue with the people that think they have...OUR best intrests at heart!!!!!!Keep up the links of the TVW stuff that we need to know about!!!!!Thanks Bill W.!!!!!!!:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

Cheers...

X2 for the links... Maybe start a new thread just for the links...

The two vehicle bills "should" be passing. so I wouldnt by two yet. If you need one then just buy one now and you will be able to add a lic. # onto it later (if it passes)

One pass for 2 licence spots

Still if you trailer you will still need a pass for the wheeler and the tow rig.

You will still need 2 passes and also I heard that the plate will trump the ORV tab if you are dual registered

Once agian we will get the shaft on all of this. The only ones that are getting the cool break are the soccer moms at the state park

To all that are involved Keep up the good work :awesomework:

...and also I heard that the plate will trump the ORV tab if you are dual registered

That is because some people in the business of law enforcement either do not understand the laws they are paid by us to enforce or are following orders coming from dicksticks above them.

Any thing new on this

Out of 15 d-pass bills, only SB5977 and HB2373 are still in play.

One of them will be passed by the Legislature and signed into law by the Gov.
They will continue to morph via amendments until passed, but at the core will be the two vehicle transferability.

One pass for 2 licence spots

Still if you trailer you will still need a pass for the wheeler and the tow rig.

You will still need 2 passes and also I heard that the plate will trump the ORV tab if you are dual registered

Once agian we will get the shaft on all of this. The only ones that are getting the cool break are the soccer moms at the state park

To all that are involved Keep up the good work :awesomework:

Where are you getting that you will need a pass each, for tow rig and wheeler? Wouldn't you just put your tow rig and wheeler as the two plates on A pass? I'm just trying to understand if there is a loophole here or something? Something stating the pass needs to be displayed in both vehicles?

Where are you getting that you will need a pass each, for tow rig and wheeler? Wouldn't you just put your tow rig and wheeler as the two plates on A pass? I'm just trying to understand if there is a loophole here or something? Something stating the pass needs to be displayed in both vehicles?

Winner :cheer: Put the original pass in your parked tow rig and make a photocopy to carry in your wheeler. Thought I had wrote that out a few times before but maybe I am mistaken :eeek:

Read the fine print. You will need 2 passes :haha: but hay to each there own. the worse it is going to cost you is a $200 moving violation ticket and then you still get to buy a pass. Or the $99 parked ticket and you agian still get to but the pass

Winner :cheer: Put the original pass in your parked tow rig and make a photocopy to carry in your wheeler. Thought I had wrote that out a few times before but maybe I am mistaken :eeek:

Tell me how that works out for you. I think forging a document is a heftier fine that the $30 pass. What is the penilty for forging a state document?

Just for information IIRC over 300 tickets have been handed out for no discovery pass since Dec 1 and enforcment is increacing. So if you like to play the odds and you have extra dow to throw away, then play the odds that they won't catch you.

Last edited:
Read the fine print. You will need 2 passes :haha: but hay to each there own. the worse it is going to cost you is a $200 moving violation ticket and then you still get to buy a pass. Or the $99 parked ticket and you agian still get to but the pass

Tell me how that works out for you. I think forging a document is a heftier fine that the $30 pass. What is the penilty for forging a state document?

Just for information IIRC over 300 tickets have been handed out for no discovery pass since Dec 1 and enforcment is increacing. So if you like to play the odds and you have extra dow to throw away, then play the odds that they won't catch you.

How is making a copy "forging" Really now put the tinfoil hat away and come out into the sun. A lot more ticket than 300 have been written in 2011 for not having the pass. DNR reported (at the last hearing) DNR 200 plus, Syate parks 3500 tickets written. The ticket is $99.00 but if you get a pass withen 2 weeks of recieving it the fine is reduced to $59.00 . Reported by state parks that some of their enforcement officers are allowing people to buy on the spot (using smart phones) and reducing the ticket on the spot.

The cheap way is too park up the road on private land and then just stay IN the trails.

Exactly what people are doing now. They will get much better compliance if they just make the pass so it works for the household insted of the vehicle. (maybe next year)

Exactly what people are doing now. They will get much better compliance if they just make the pass so it works for the household insted of the vehicle. (maybe next year)

over the year it will be cheaper to buy it, than to pay for the gas.:beer:

Working with Ranker to see if we can get text added that indicates a photocopy is okay if the original is on the property.

The house has adopted an amendment that allows you to purchase a 'family pass' at $50 thats fully transferable and doesn't require a license plate. .. not sure how well that'll work for us, we'll see!

The house has adopted an amendment that allows you to purchase a 'family pass' at $50 thats fully transferable and doesn't require a license plate. .. not sure how well that'll work for us, we'll see!

HB2373 does not require that you record the license number on the $50 family permit, but you still have to display it on the vehicle so it looks to me like it is only good for one vehicle at a time.