• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Discover Pass coming to two vehicles!

They're mainly looking for transferability... Latest news from Devlin:

Senator Delvin's office said:
Technically the bills would have to pass off the opposite chambers floor by March 2nd. However, the discover pass bills have been deemed, Necessary To Implement Budget (NTIB in leg terms), meaning that they are not affected by the cutoff calendar. The Senate Committees would need to hold small hearings on HB 2373 before it could go to the floor. They might vote on the bills in committee without a public hearing, in order to expedite the process.

I may get roasted for saying this but...I will only buy one pass. I refuse to pay and pay and pay. The fees will never end. Whats next year.. a pass for extra persons with you? We are like frogs in slow boiling water. I will pay the ticket. As it stands now I need three passes just to go to tahuya. And thats if my wife doesnt bring her vehicle. Not counting all the tabs. No they can kiss my ass. rant end

I may get roasted for saying this but...I will only buy one pass. I refuse to pay and pay and pay. The fees will never end. Whats next year.. a pass for extra persons with you? We are like frogs in slow boiling water. I will pay the ticket. As it stands now I need three passes just to go to tahuya. And thats if my wife doesnt bring her vehicle. Not counting all the tabs. No they can kiss my ass. rant end

I'm with you, they can eat a fawking deep fried **** if they think I'll buy a single pass. :rolleyes:

Pokey, I've looked at these bills and they all look pretty good to me. They're in the right direction for disco pass stuff.. its all but assured we'll be able to put too license plates on our passes, i've already done it =P

Tomorrow is the due date for 5366 -- we'll see if it goes or not.

Pokey, I've looked at these bills and they all look pretty good to me. They're in the right direction for disco pass stuff.. its all but assured we'll be able to put too license plates on our passes, i've already done it =P

Tomorrow is the due date for 5366 -- we'll see if it goes or not.

Yes, I agree right now its looking pretty good. We just need to wait and see what the final product will look like. Hopefully all of the work done will pay off in the end.

Since it is NTIB -- its not dead, and the senate has voted to suspend the rules. Thursday is end of the session, and its supposed to be discussed tomorrow.

If its not tomorrow, and we don't get a budget by thursday, we go into special session. It will most likely (and possible 5366) get done then.

Passed the Senate. Will be forwarded to the governor for signing. Two license plates could be seen as soon as its signed.

So........I have been reading all of this and still don't know what I would need to do if I wanted to go wheeling this weekend at Elbe. Do I need 10 Disco passes, 2 passes, 1 pass or no pass to be legal?? Where would I buy 1, 2 or 10 of them if I need them this weekend?? I would be towing my street plated wheeler up there with a street plated truck.

Last edited:
So........I have been reading all of this and still don't know what I would need to do if I wanted to go wheeling this weekend at Elbe. Do I need 10 Disco passes, 2 passes, 1 pass or no pass to be legal?? Where would I buy 1, 2 or 10 of them if I need them this weekend??

Technically you need a pass for your tow rig and a pass for your wheeler if it is street legal and has lic. plates. If you have some kind of a buggy truggy uggy sort of thing that isn't street legal and has ORV tabs on it with no lic. plate then you only need one for the tow rig. You can get them at most sporting goods store or online thru the DNRs or state parks website as well as the DOL sites where you buy lic. plate tabs.

Thank you very much for the info. I am hoping to shake down my Blazer this weekend if everything comes together. :D

Even if this passes, and the pass is transferable, won't you still need two of them if you take two street rigs to the Disco park? i.e. your tow rig, and your street legal wheeler.

Even if this passes, and the pass is transferable, won't you still need two of them if you take two street rigs to the Disco park? i.e. your tow rig, and your street legal wheeler.

We'll have to see what the final verbage is when/ if it passes. Sounds to me like it won't help most of us much......From what I understand you might be able to transfer the pass between two vehicles but that doesn't mean you can use it for both vehicles at the same time.

We'll have to see what the final verbage is when/ if it passes. Sounds to me like it won't help most of us much......From what I understand you might be able to transfer the pass between two vehicles but that doesn't mean you can use it for both vehicles at the same time.

Nancy (Elbe dnr) told us at the last meeting that she read through it and we can't use it for two rigs at the same time... So yes, you need two passes if you trailer a street licensed rig behind your truck/motorhome...

Well that would suck, that's the main reason I want two vehicles per pass is for a tow and wheeling rig. Oh well, more time on the KTM with no pass.

HB2373 was passed by the Legislature 7 March 2012

Currently awaiting Governor's signature before going into effect.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2011-12/Pdf/Bills/House Passed Legislature/2373-S2.PL.pdf

And the Governor has promised to not sign anything until the budget is complete....So here we sit.:rolleyes:
Tod from what I understand if the Governor doesn't sign the bill but also doesn't veto it then it will automatically take effect by default? If that's true how long does this take?
In the old days this was called a pocket veto but I hear something has changed?