• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do you prefer watching rigs make it or self-destruct?

Would you rather watch a rig make it or get destroyed trying?

• Make it

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Yard Sale

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
LandSpeeder said:
Do people make it when dry? LOL.
Don't worrying about not wanting to watch folks crawl it, I've personally never seen it in person nor a video of someone crawling Cable. If you can prove me wrong with a video, be my guest cause I'm wrong daily. Post it up.
I also don't think the garden hose made nearly as big a mess as when Tony backs the water truck up to the top. Now THAT'S cool!

I could have sworn Chad crawled it two years ago or so :dunno: ... and then Josh followed and the baron kept shutting off on the ledge if I remember correctly

Bebop said:
I'd say that's crawling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7lQKmQlcKs

About the topic, self destruction ins't really fun to watch IMO.

Breakage happens, it's part of the sport. But I don't enjoy it too much.

I was there for that. And I would not consider that "crawling". He revved, spun and even bumped a ledge. Crawling is what them red labels do to boat ramp. What john G does to Primos.
I don't define the term, but if bumping a ledge is involved, then no. Crawling would be putting a tire on that ledge and let your low gear eat it until it hooked and you went up it.
Look up Marlin's videos. That's crawling.

I will say though, I thought of this run john did, and do think that's as close as I've ever seen to anyone crawling Cable.

Elliott said:
People always post up about growing the "sport". I personally think these race series have killed the past time of riding. Everyone wants to be a you tube hero now. And sooner than later these people that are absolutely destroying these rigs are going to get tired of dropping this kind of cash or tired of wearing out the numbers on a credit card because let's face it, who can afford to spend this kind of money every month? It seems like the train of thought now is either you tube hero in a buggy or razors. I personally hate it because I have never been a spectator type of person. I like to ride not watch, but to each his own. I just wish there were more people riding now.
Most of the people racing own a business, small or large, of some kind. They are intelligent people and can afford the constant destruction to their rigs or they wouldn't be doing it... If they weren't spending money on racing rock crawlers for a trophy and pennies on the dollar of what they spend all year they would be spending their money on some other hobby. It's all in retrospect to what your income is. I'm sure some folks will move on and do other things, but as long as the sport is still here there will be other people who will slide in to replace them constantly pushing the limits building better rigs