• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do you prefer watching rigs make it or self-destruct?

Would you rather watch a rig make it or get destroyed trying?

• Make it

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Yard Sale

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
patooyee said:
Tell me what term you would prefer that I use and I will use it ...

I'm done with bouncing / racing. But I'm far from a crawler. This weekend on one of the bunny slopes was the first time in at least 3 years that I recall literally not spinning a tire. So if I'm not a crawler or a bouncer what am I? I would tend to simply call myself sane. :)

You are a guy who Is enjoying the best tires we can ride on

i think for every 3 that break atleast 1 needs to make it, watching a few people get denied or break makes it so when the next person makes it that much more exciting to me. Riot flying back down the hill at eye level was great, but some of the clean runs up cable hill were really surprising.

I just wanted to see Jake's knuckle stay together and drive out of that flight like a boss. Buggy landed perfect.

For the topic, as long as things are getting cleared quickly I don't mind seeing the breaks. I certainly don't go to see guys break, but when they are giving it hell like these guys do at the races it's bound to happen.

I said something the other day on day about how it's just not the same anymore and got chastised. .. I like to watch it on youtube, but that is it. Unfortunately someone is gonna get killed and I don't want to be there for it.

bbone said:
You are a guy who Is enjoying the best tires we can ride on

True, but he just got them, hence the didn't spin a tire comment! laughing1

I personally like the most make it or had a good chance hills. True a yard sale does get views and shows that it's not as easy as some think. Guess one way to think of it is with all the yard sales there will be no problem finding sponsors for the event, wise investment.

Just like a NASCAR race, I want to see some carnage, but a good comp where 90% make it. Ok, the NASCAR reference is a lie. I want to see all the Camrys hit the wall and burst into flames and kill a Toyota fan in the stands. >:D

From what I saw on youtube and read on the innernets, the race would have went alot better if the course was dry. Bobby's run up Backdoor was awesome, MOST of the entries made it to the finish, there was some carnage and rolls, and that course was dry as a popcorn fart. The GR event would have been alot cooler dry, IMO.

Bama said:
Isnt there a video of tc climbing cable hill in a rzr?? So does that make cable not a suitable obstacle for a race?

He climbed it when it was dry. Thus the reason for the water hose. :dblthumb:

I like a little of both. It starts getting old when 1/2 the time is spend pulling a broke rig off the trail but I think they did an OK job with recovery seeing how steep that hill is.

Im just glad they finally cut that stupid 5 ft tall stump down after it hung up a bunch of broken buggies. Watched several people getting pulled off the hill get hung up on 3 trees then a rock at the bottom of the hill... At 1st they were using a stock looking jeep to pull people out :****: they finally got something a little more capable to get the job done. I think the recovery at the upper end of the hill went fast enough though.

I don't think the SRRS or rock bouncing in general is killing the sport because I see it as 2 different sports really. Just because there is an SRRS race going on doesn't stop anyone from going to a different park and riding just like they would with their friends if SRRS/bouncing never happened. If anything it makes really good parts cheaper for the average consumer and more available. Plus more parks are opening up because they want to put on some races during the year and make some cash. Nothing stopping anyone from going to that park on a non race weekend and crawling to their hearts desire.

AW10 said:
I don't think the SRRS or rock bouncing in general is killing the sport because I see it as 2 different sports really. Just because there is an SRRS race going on doesn't stop anyone from going to a different park and riding just like they would with their friends if SRRS/bouncing never happened. If anything it makes really good parts cheaper for the average consumer and more available. Plus more parks are opening up because they want to put on some races during the year and make some cash. Nothing stopping anyone from going to that park on a non race weekend and crawling to their hearts desire.

I think a lot of us Internet community wheelers would be very surprised at the number of people that only ride their local non-park trails and maybe go to a local park a couple times a year, and have zero interest or intent of traveling to wheel, race, or spectate a race.

Saying that rock bouncing competition has killed/is killing the sport, is like saying NASCAR has killed the pastime of driving a little too fast on back roads!!!

I trail ride mostly because its all dirty muddy trails where im at. I play in the rocks anytime i can. I spin them when i need to. I dont have the deep pockets like some of the bouncer guys seem to have so my rig has to hold together for some time. Sure i could go out and beat it to death in a single run like these guys but i would rather run time and time again over one youtube run.

I go to the srrs race to see the monster bouncers give it hell. If they make it cool if not cool. Its fun to see both. I would rather see a rig do a perfect run over just kinda making it. I would rather see a rig kinda wreck over kinda make it. A perfect run is about as good as a yard sale. I hate knowing how much money they just tossed out. I hate the thought of them getting hurt. At the end of the day i would guess these guys fully understand the risk and are ok with it. Bring on the next race.

I would say have more recovery gear in place and ready for fastest recovery that's possible. You gotta think tho that this is still a new sport and for 50 ish rigs to make an attempt at that hill in a day is rather good. Take a good buddy and some beer and just hang out.

I try to do it all. Love all of it but when I get denied and have to get ultra violent with it or bounce it it usually brakes an axle shaft and I'm running low on shafts and willingness to work on it when it brakes. :****:

fordcontraption01 said:
I try to do it all. Love all of it but when I get denied and have to get ultra violent with it or bounce it it usually brakes an axle shaft and I'm running low on shafts and willingness to work on it when it brakes. :****:

Brakes, breaks, whatever. **** grammar. :flipoff1:

1tfrot said:
I prefer challenging but do-able. recoveries are too long and boring. too much down time, kinda like all the downtime with the koh shootout.

jmo though

This x's 100. I have only been to one big event and that was the 10k day at AOP. The first roll was really cool but after watching 1 minute of action then 15 minutes of recovery then the same thing on the next guy i was bored. I would rather see a struggle then make it, same with trail riding. Breaking/rolls take to much time.

LandSpeeder said:
Do people make it when dry? LOL.
Don't worrying about not wanting to watch folks crawl it, I've personally never seen it in person nor a video of someone crawling Cable. If you can prove me wrong with a video, be my guest cause I'm wrong daily. Post it up.
I also don't think the garden hose made nearly as big a mess as when Tony backs the water truck up to the top. Now THAT'S cool!

I'd say that's crawling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7lQKmQlcKs

About the topic, self destruction ins't really fun to watch IMO.

Breakage happens, it's part of the sport. But I don't enjoy it too much.