• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do you prefer watching rigs make it or self-destruct?

Would you rather watch a rig make it or get destroyed trying?

• Make it

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Yard Sale

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
People always post up about growing the "sport". I personally think these race series have killed the past time of riding. Everyone wants to be a you tube hero now. And sooner than later these people that are absolutely destroying these rigs are going to get tired of dropping this kind of cash or tired of wearing out the numbers on a credit card because let's face it, who can afford to spend this kind of money every month? It seems like the train of thought now is either you tube hero in a buggy or razors. I personally hate it because I have never been a spectator type of person. I like to ride not watch, but to each his own. I just wish there were more people riding now.

Like I said i don't like the big events I went sunday for a chance to ride gray rock and when these guys get done having there fun I will be happy to buy there used parts for pennies on the dollar :dblthumb:

LandSpeeder said:
Do people make it when dry? LOL.
Don't worrying about not wanting to watch folks crawl it, I've personally never seen it in person nor a video of someone crawling Cable. If you can prove me wrong with a video, be my guest cause I'm wrong daily. Post it up.
I also don't think the garden hose made nearly as big a mess as when Tony backs the water truck up to the top. Now THAT'S cool!
. I sorta kinda crawled it when it was bone dry once upon a time.

I have to say make it as well. Though carnage is usually interesting as well. I guess the only thing I'm not a fan of is giving up. "Make it or break it" pretty much sums it up. But that's easy for me to say since I don't race, yet.

Elliott said:
People always post up about growing the "sport". I personally think these race series have killed the past time of riding. Everyone wants to be a you tube hero now. .............

Ive thought the same thing for a long time. hero or keeping up with the jones to one up'ing somebody on new parts its a great time to be a vendor :****:

I like to see people make it and some carnage. Rollovers are part of the sport. There is a delicate balance between a hill being too easy and impossible.
For Example- DTOR's new bounty hill. They made it impossible which in turn pissed off the drivers and the crowd. It sucked to film as well.

I think a good rule of thumb is if a RZR can make it up the hill....It is not a good obstacle for a Rock Bouncing Race.

LandSpeeder said:
It's not horse shoes, Did you gas it, or low range idle up the mothfuckal?!

To me crawling can also be spinning your tires in a controlled fashion and not just thrashing around. This is what I have seen people do on Cable when it is dry.

LandSpeeder said:
So then, crawling can include high speed rotation? That's like fuggin speed walking. Why not just run?!

Tell me what term you would prefer that I use and I will use it ...

I'm done with bouncing / racing. But I'm far from a crawler. This weekend on one of the bunny slopes was the first time in at least 3 years that I recall literally not spinning a tire. So if I'm not a crawler or a bouncer what am I? I would tend to simply call myself sane. :)

Re:

Best thing about "our" sport is that you can go actively do the same activity while guys are competing.

We watched most of the BND run, rode, ate, rode, watched about a half dozen cable runs, rode till dark.

Live, I'd rather watch guys haul ass up a "doable" hill like BND than crash their **** on Cable. I can watch that on you tube.

The trails weren't even remotely clogged. I don't understand why 2000 people trailer RZRs to an event to cruise the camp ground blinding the **** out of everyone with 30" light bars and blasting black music.

crawling is LO-LO virtually zero throttle. Tires spinning is not crawling. But then, I realize maybe MY interpretation of crawling is higher. Ever watched Marlin "Walk the crawler"? That is crawling, to me.

I had to get after pretty good for me to get up it, no double low crawl at all, but compared to TC, yea, I crawled it! :flipoff1:

Re:

TBItoy said:
Best thing about "our" sport is that you can go actively do the same activity while guys are competing.

We watched most of the BND run, rode, ate, rode, watched about a half dozen cable runs, rode till dark.

Live, I'd rather watch guys haul ass up a "doable" hill like BND than crash their **** on Cable. I can watch that on you tube.

The trails weren't even remotely clogged. I don't understand why 2000 people trailer RZRs to an event to cruise the camp ground blinding the **** out of everyone with 30" light bars and blasting black music.

LOL! The music was something my buddies and I laughed at, too. 100% of those people blasting it on their razers would be cussing and spewing racist insults if a low-rider pulled up to them at a stop light with that playing.

I think I waited in line at an obstacle once all weekend for about 5 minutes and I only rode when the comps weren't running.

I enjoyed watching both hills, BND moreso though. I enjoyed watching the different lines and hairy spots guys got into. The little strategies they used to shave a second or two of time. Also the lucky bounces that some caught to make them fly over some of the harder spots. On Cable they were separated into two categories: made it / didn't make it. On BND they were separated by milliseconds.

LandSpeeder said:
crawling is LO-LO virtually zero throttle. Tires spinning is not crawling. But then, I realize maybe MY interpretation of crawling is higher. Ever watched Marlin "Walk the crawler"? That is crawling, to me.

In that case I've never seen anyone "crawl" Cable. I've seen them do whatever it is that I do when it is dry though.

Re:

Is there going to be another term coined for people that spin tires occasionally? Where's the spinoff thread?

Kel Lawrence

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Is there going to be another term coined for people that spin tires occasionally? Where's the spinoff thread?

Kel Lawrence

I fall into that one thumb.gif

molaugh

Re: Re: Do you prefer watching rigs make it or self-destruct?

LandSpeeder said:
This us my interpretation also. If it doesn't bite you hear the single lug in the tire "pop" as it slips by then the vehicle kinda edges forward, you go have a beer, pee, maybe a snack then wander back over and the ture still hasn't made a full revolution.

Isnt there a video of tc climbing cable hill in a rzr?? So does that make cable not a suitable obstacle for a race?