• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Down sizing, what do you got.

I picked up a 1945 wc PowerWagon, flat head 6, dana 200 divorced case with pto winch, basically all stock, its a real cool truck to drive around on trails and it really gives you a feel for what it was like in the military in 1945, those old guys had it tuff, manual steering and brakes, the windows and visability sucks, gutless and no lockers but man is it COOL, driving it gives ya a real sense of the day they had in the war

I've been thinking of down sizing myself from my 3 seater tube buggy to a RZRS :****:
Built the buggy from the ground up and love it!!!
Just dont ride in it enough for the $$$$$ in it but Im worried that I will regret selling it after its gone.
The DD or not so DD but street worthy rig is what I would go back to also.
Got a 93 grand cherokee on 33's and a 8.8 in the shed.
I got a 2008 or 09 "dont remember what year but bought last year" Sportsman 800 thats basically new that I dont ride that much that could be traded in on the RZRS.
Im gonna sell 1 of my dirt bikes too but dont know which 1 yet.
The 2001 wr426 is my favorite but the 2006 wr250 has electric start :dblthumb:
Doing this would clear out some room, leave me without the 4wheeler payment, have a 2011 rzrs paid for and free up some $$$$ for upgrades to the rzrs.
New cage, bumpers,roof,winch and doors. :woot: :woot:

If the right trail worthy DD came about I would Trade my buggy. I saw a really nice 4 door JK last weekend at choccolocco that I would love to have. It had currie rock jock 60s with 37s and a few other things.

Cole said:
If the right trail worthy DD came about I would Trade my buggy. I saw a really nice 4 door JK last weekend at choccolocco that I would love to have. It had currie rock jock 60s with 37s and a few other things.
This one Cole? Its for sale so it can be yours and those are 40's. :****:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do Work 93YJ said:
This one Cole? Its for sale so it can be yours and those are 40's. :****:

Yeah that's it. That thing is awesome. You got any more details on it?

Just downsizing my fleet. 2 years ago I had 6 vehicles insured, 3 offroad types in various stages and tons of parts stuff sitting around. I'm down to 2 trucks and my $800 Bravada and the rzr (was too cheap) and the fusion. I'm trying to sell the 2 trucks, and bravada for the right money, finish the fusion, sell the buggy, trucks and suv for a cash buy on a later model Dmax of my dreams. Finish out single seater and rock out debt free style like I am with nice stuff. :woody:
I started my downsize over a year ago when I saw rough times hitting others, jumped the debt ship and resigned myself to a life of less fun more work

heck i have more toys than i can keep tires and oil in . had to get rid of my favorite to build a rock crawler . wanting a rockwell big block buggy so bad i cant stand myself . guess ill keep what i have 450R 660 raptor 85 blazer 07 wrangler tow rig 750 t rex and the crawler that keeps me somthing to do all the time . try to post some pics

this is my 85 has 454 every thing is new and i mean every thing all i like finishing is the interior . got bored with it now it just sit in shop ,might drive it 3 to 5 times a year.

i dd a 96 xj with an 8.8 and 32s

my buddy rocks an 04 jk rubi 4 door as his wheeling rig and dd. its going on +50k miles. it has a tera 60 rear built 44 front, atlas, coilovers, and 42s, 4 linked

the thing will do 80 down the interstate and wheel with some of the biggest. has ac/heat/dvd player. he drives to mobile all the time as well as all the offroad parks. in north alabama. also drivin it snow ski resorts.

heres a pic of it wheeling
DSCF1328.jpg

and cruising down the interstate on the old 37s
IMG00210-20100911-1751.jpg

those 4 doors are awsome , if i had it to do over thats what i would have got.actually kooled at one with 4 inches mt wheeles winch but i couldnt justify 45000 , thats rediculous fer a jeep.

I was in this very dilema a few weeks ago... I came within a C's hair of trading my rig for a 2004 mall cralwer trd extended cab taco... Had sliders, winch, bumpers, 33's etc... Started looking for parts for the thing before I even owned it... Realized that after I put Everything on it that I wanted/needed to wheel it I would end up with the same rig I have.... only double the money in it since I would essentially be starting over...

A few steering upgrades in the front of mine and I plan on tagging it and rolling out on the street with the reds... I don't wheel enough to wear them out anyway..lol

I have my foreman 500 to get my booze cruisin, low buck/maintenence good times trip fix... :drinkers:

Wyatt, do you guys prep all year for speed week?

I have been asking myself the question about downsizing for a while now. I have been doing well in the Rausch Creek race series top 10 or better finishes the last 2 years in a row, but really what is it all about. Lots of Hours preping, smooshing and working sponsors, doing the right thing"for the sport" instead of enjoying myself and for what a few trophies. I keep thinking it would be sweet to have a nice streetable rig and a few sleds to go rip it up in the winter. And I would not miss the long hours in the shop, I have been through one divorce already, I do not want to do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote author=InDaShop link=topic=10024.msg143199#msg143199 date=1291989157]
Great post.

I ramped up, didnt like it at the top and downsized right back down.
I absolutely hated the time commitments to race on the top level of what we do.

Chronological order:

Co-drive, spot trail riding (Mainly beer drinking)
Buy buggy to trail ride
Decide to race buggy because I wanted stickies
Addicted to racing (most expensive stickies EVER)
Buy dually, buy BigDumbass trailer to haul around country
Say **** this its too much of everything
Sell BigDumbass trailer
Sell Dually
Content with non-dually and bumper pull
Build LandSpeed car, have to buy new big enclosed
Bored of buggy so sell it
Dont use bumperpull anymore so sell it

I'm down to:
My DD Duramax, a Featherlite enclosed, a '65 Riviera, a salt car, and my project '42 chevy truck.

Currently lusting after a Class1 Lite or Class10 desert car, but cant pull the trigger because I keep thinking about the time commitments. I wish I could find a car owner who needed funds to race, and let me fly and drive a couple times a year to get my fix. skully

Like all of you guys, I'm always going to be into something or somethings. I do miss offroad racing and the people, but I dont miss the 24 hr one way road trips, and associated 3 months of solid prep before hand.
[/quote]

I down sized for sure I went from a Payne Jeep with rockwells 46 inch claws to samurai toyotas and 38.5. The Samurai is so much easier to pull. When I sold the Big jeep i also sold the big car hauler, now i pull the samurai on a 14 foot utility trailer. Definately happy with my decision.

i keep telling myself that its downsizing, but i have my japanese mini truck for mild stuff, on 25" mt, my CUCV thats a sleeper for legal wheeling where on road is necessary on 34 LTBs, and now i just bought my wife a jeep on 35s.... im swapping in an auto, sye, 8.8, 3.73s in a couple of weeks so that she can tool around the trails if she wants to... i should have built a new buggy now that im talking out loud about it...

cash talks said:
kennyWayne- that is one nice ass blazer. i would love to have a nice clean k5 drool
THANKS!! i had two ,the other one was maroon and silver 12 inches 3/4 ton 4 speed 205 transfer case wish i had it back. i just got to much to keep up had to get rid of a few things .both of them were just plan when i got them,.ive got some better pics if i can find them