• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drcoop's 97 Tacoma SAS Buildup... Tons of Pics

Drcoop

Here it is bone stock about a year ago....

Stock1.jpg

And today after way too much money..

flamed2008.jpg

flamed2010.jpg

flamed2009.jpg

A quick rundown of it...

Front: 3/4 ton Ford HP44, Chromo's, Superjoints, ARB, 5.38's
Trailgear 4" springs.

Rear: D60, full spool, disk brakes, 5.38's. Trailgear 4" springs

Inner cage, Rancho 9000 Pro Series shocks with on board control.

Doved front and rear, bed mounted radiator, sliders, clocked case, flat belly with skid..???

The standard cut off front end pics...

sWAP001.jpg

sWAP005.jpg

The day it finally sat on its wheels... :D

sWAP007.jpg

The beautiful spool...

Dana60Spool.jpg

Some halfway complete pics... But at least it was drivable...

done001.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture032.jpg

complete2008.jpg

That's one of the nicest toy's i've seen! Really nice!

I'm sure Jobby will be by soon to tell me its not...

Frame Plating..... 1/4" plate and redesigned shock hoops..

FramePlating002.jpg

FramePlating003.jpg

Trac bar Build...

2" - 1/4" wall main tubes. 1 1/2" - 3/8" wall inner tube.... Slip and twist!! I built all the brackets from 1/2" and 1/4" plate...

TracBar2002.jpg

trac3001.jpg

trac3003.jpg

TracBar2010.jpg

TracBar2008.jpg

Tcase Clocking...

Bud Built Clocking adaptor.. This thing is awsome and farily easy to install...

clocking001.jpg

clocking002.jpg

clocking003.jpg

clocking004.jpg

clocking007.jpg

clocking011.jpg

clocking009.jpg

FLAAAAT!!!!

Xmember011.jpg

Xmember Build... FROR Center Section and bushing kit... And I just fabbed the rest..

Xmember003.jpg

Xmember002.jpg

Xmember006.jpg

Xmember005.jpg

Xmember004.jpg

Xmember007.jpg

Xmember010.jpg

Xmember009.jpg

Re-routed the exhaust..

Sliders006.jpg

And finally the 1/4" aluminum belly skid.. I welded 1" sq tube aluminum to the back side for strength..

Skidplate002.jpg

Skidplate004.jpg

Slidders..
2" x 1/4" wall with 1/2" thick gussets..

Sliders009.jpg

Sliders008.jpg

Sliders002.jpg

Sliders001.jpg

I was lucky enough to get TG to warrente my 12" slip driveshaft end.. and really lucky that my friend was kind enough to let me have the extra one he had laying around so I didnt have to wait 2weeks for the new one to arrive.. Thanks Rilie!!

Please Enjoy.. and dont Laugh!!

REDNECK DRIVELINE FAB 101!!

FIRST: Pull out the handy centering shims (electrical tape) This is to help center the slip yoke in the just slightly to large pipe I got for the mid section..

driveline002.jpg

SECOND:
Carefully set the Driveline in the custom jig.. (1/2" thick steel plate, makes the level surface and wood paint mixers to shim things up a little.)

driveline003.jpg

THIRD: Using the proper tools (speed square, bent tape measure, and eyeballs) precisley align the drivesline in the jig.

driveline007.jpg

driveline008.jpg

driveline006.jpg

FOURTH: Tac into place.

driveline009.jpg

FIFTH: Install driveline and use precision BFH to "fine tune" any wobble issues.. Once spinning straight... Finish weld and paint..

driveline011.jpg

driveline012.jpg

driveline010.jpg

That pretty much sums it up.. Like I said dont laugh.. I took it out last night.. not a single vibration at 50mph...

Doved front end.... This was a pain in the ass... And took way longer than I had hoped...

dovenose004.jpg

dovenose005.jpg

dovenose009.jpg

Radiator Removed and tube work in progress..

DOVENOSE025.jpg

DOVENOSE027.jpg

Charcoal box gone... Moved Battery and fuse box.

dovenose033.jpg

dovenose034.jpg

Headlights and grill mocked into place...

dovenose035.jpg

dovenose031.jpg

Cut hood and installed hood pins...

Sliders004.jpg

Sliders005.jpg

Did a little bodywork, added the flames, and new corner lenses..

FLAMED001.jpg

flamed2008.jpg

flamed2011.jpg

flamed2010.jpg

And that brings things up to date.. It was a long road (almost a year now) but its been well worth it ..... I gotta say thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way... Ive done almost all the work myself but I couldnt of done it without them.. Ryan.. The one who led me down the bad path. Steve.. The owner of Trux The shop who fuels my addiction (and generously lets me use the shop) .. Mike, Murry, Chris, and Riley Thanks Guys!! :D :D

That's one of the nicest toy's i've seen! Really nice!

I'm sure Jobby will be by soon to tell me its not...

nice build! how long did the whole build take u? any future plans for it?

Well I started back last March and had it in SAS by June... Most of the stuff wa done months ago.. The doved front end and Tcase clocking was the latest project.. Im in the saving process for the Inchworm dual case set up.. I cant wait...

Very nice, way above average. What springs are those, that thing looks tall. About halfway through I though, ohhh a street pounder, then I saw the wheelin pics. :beer:

Very nice, way above average. What springs are those, that thing looks tall. About halfway through I though, ohhh a street pounder, then I saw the wheelin pics. :beer:

4" springs... with a damn 3" BL.. I would do almost anyting to get rid of it!! But I would have to redo so much crap!! Im not sure if it would be worth it?? As for street pounder.. Hell NO!! She trailerd everywhere, and get the crap beatin out of on a weekly basis.. :redneck:

Nice truck man!!!!! :cool: Where are those first few wheeling pics taken at? The ones on the rocks and what not? Looks like a cool place to wheel!!! :awesomework:

jesus coop how bout a few pics... actually that is a good little write up. Sorry all the pics sucked from this weekend, you want to see em anyway before i toss em? Let me know.

jesus coop how bout a few pics... actually that is a good little write up. Sorry all the pics sucked from this weekend, you want to see em anyway before i toss em? Let me know.

I dont mess around snyder.. You can junk them if ya want. But thanks for tryin.

Nice job on the build, don't see that often in this town. I didn't realize they do fab like that at Trux, I always thought it was a bolt on chrome accessory shop.

Latest posts