• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Driveshaft help

RUBITANk

I am going to be coming back from Hawaii to Washington, in 5 days, my jeep is already in route on the ship, I need the CV replaced on my rear drive shaft, and the front lengthened about an inch. Anyone know how much this would cost me? And where I can get it done?
I will be living in Tacoma

Thanks for the help

I am going to be coming back from Hawaii to Washington, in 5 days, my jeep is already in route on the ship, I need the CV replaced on my rear drive shaft, and the front lengthened about an inch. Anyone know how much this would cost me? And where I can get it done?
I will be living in Tacoma

Thanks for the help

Aukeen drivelines in Kent does great work at decent prices.

PM Boonie, he knows everything there is to know about D-lines...:redneck:

I hear there is a guy in Yelm that's pretty good...

I build my own...

I build my own...

I would build my own too, If i had much better mig welding skills and had gas,
and had a lathe....:booo:

and maybe some DOM tubbing lol :;

It takes 4-6 weeks to get DOM in hawaii and they charge 14$ a foot!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::puke::puke::puke::puke:

I will pm him, well see what happens.

I build my own...

Dang skippy i know everything, or will know everything about drivelines once my OCD settles down a little :redneck:

I sense a hint of sarcasm in your voice...:eeek: :haha:

what do you consider decent prices? They charged me 180$ here in hawaii to lengthen a rear ds 3 inches, and shorten the front 3.. lol

Thats about right with balancing and a warranty. Figure most shops run abut $65- $85 per hour plus materials and taxes. Theres a bunch of guys here and everywhere that will do it cheaper but I prefer having such things done by a pro with the right tools and abilitys. I have Aukeen drivelines in my jeep and had them in my race rig as well. Never had one break. Its all in what its worth to you as you drive your rig down the freeway at 70mph or try to crawl up a ledge. Me personaly I dont want my driveline to fail at these times:eeek:

Thats about right with balancing and a warranty. Figure most shops run abut $65- $85 per hour plus materials and taxes. Theres a bunch of guys here and everywhere that will do it cheaper but I prefer having such things done by a pro with the right tools and abilitys. I have Aukeen drivelines in my jeep and had them in my race rig as well. Never had one break. Its all in what its worth to you as you drive your rig down the freeway at 70mph or try to crawl up a ledge. Me personaly I dont want my driveline to fail at these times:eeek:

my front, i can care less about.... its the rear d/s that the cv needs a rebuild bad! I have a double cv d/s built by jesse at highangle... The CV ball at the T-case end its very loud and vibrates really bad, i am suprised i made it down to the port without the D/s Granading on the freeway, Just turned my radio all the way up so i couldnt hear the noise, so i would stop worrying about it lol!!! :eeek::eeek::eeek:
but some how some way i made it!!!

my front, i can care less about.... its the rear d/s that the cv needs a rebuild bad! I have a double cv d/s built by jesse at highangle... The CV ball at the T-case end its very loud and vibrates really bad, i am suprised i made it down to the port without the D/s Granading on the freeway, Just turned my radio all the way up so i couldnt hear the noise, so i would stop worrying about it lol!!! :eeek::eeek::eeek:
but some how some way i made it!!!

Billy Bobs Offroad in edgewood (close to puyallup) can most likly rebuild your CV.

Billy Bobs Offroad in edgewood (close to puyallup) can most likly rebuild your CV.

SHWeet! i use to live about 5 min away from billly bobs offroad, and cascade4x4. Now i live about 15 min from them :D Will check em out since they are close by, or maybe even meet someone at the 4x4 swap meet and find a really good deal

SHWeet! i use to live about 5 min away from billly bobs offroad, and cascade4x4. Now i live about 15 min from them :D Will check em out since they are close by, or maybe even meet someone at the 4x4 swap meet and find a really good deal

the swapmeet may prove to be very fruitful for you :awesomework:

Yep, I'm still up...:beer:

Billy Bob's has moved...

I'd go to Dave, lots of guys in the south end use his services...

And I'm betting this time next year, Boonie builds his own...:cheer:

Yep, I'm still up...:beer:

Billy Bob's has moved...

I'd go to Dave, lots of guys in the south end use his services...

And I'm betting this time next year, Boonie builds his own...:cheer:

You guys don't think to highly of my decision to go with PD eh?! Who should I have gone with on the Eastside? Everyone seems to have a bad thing to say about every shop around here... :eeek: :haha:

what do you consider decent prices? They charged me 180$ here in hawaii to lengthen a rear ds 3 inches, and shorten the front 3.. lol
thats cheap...

i know im not in THE area but...
driveline service here wants $120 PER shaft to SHORTEN, and balance. a retube(lengthen) was something like $180 PER.

You could try Drivelines NW in Fife. 253-922-7350

Drivelines NW....OVERPRICED GARBAGE!!!!

I've had FLEETPRIDE in Tacoma build all of mine. 6 years, dual cases, and 37's...ZERO problems. They are located just down the hill from Olympic Offroad, by the TPD station/old Costco.