• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drivetrain Q's.. Opinions needed

tj40ounce

vehicle: toy truggy
motor: 3.8 Ford V6 (small block ford bellhousing bolt pattern)
Transmission: currently W56 toyota 5 speed...
Transfer cases: Dual 21 spline w/Marlin MC07 adapter.

When I bought the doubler and donor case, I still planned on running the toyota 22re 4cyl...

A deal came up for this Ford V6,and now I'm not 100% sure if I should try and adapt the Ford to keep the Toyota drive train or if I should look at other options.

I need to keep the tcase passenger drop. I will be @ 4:56 to 1 with dual toy 2.28 tcases with the option to change to a 4:7 gearset in the rear case as funds become available.. I also have 4:10 gears in the axles and 38.5 SX's...

My problem-

Adapting the Ford motor to Toy transmission isn't cheap. NWOR has a kit for $660+. I am also looking into having a custom bellhousing made to adapt the motor and tranny together using a scatter shield.

If I axe the toy 5 speed and run an AOD or C4/C6, I am not saving any $$$ because the adapter from AA for a AOD to Toy tcase is $550+.

Before I get to deep into this, I am now questioning what other options I have. I don't know a lot about non-toyota tcases, so help a brotha out!.

Long winded, but here is the question:

What would be the ideal tcase combo behind a ford tranny (AOD or C4/6) that is passenger side drop,? Doubler? Gearing? and most importantly, price???Also, if I axe the toy tcase, what all is involved with changing my drive lines, etc?

An atlas is out of the question btw...

Thanks!