• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Duel case lower cage bearing

cain 360

Has anyone modified a adapter to put the better marlin crawler upper and lower bearings in a t/g dual case adapter? Thanks mark

I would think if you were not a machinest, it would be cheaper to just buy the marlin adapter..I've never heard of this being done mark.

I have a adapter that needs bearings. I am going to put bearings in it. So I am just asking if any one has put the better bearings into one by doing some machining. I heard that marlin will modify one of there cases to put there better lower cage bearing in it. And a t/g adapter is just a copy of a marlin. So why not do it on a t/g. Mark

Last edited:
Hey Mark, have you talked with Jeremy or Jim? Jeremy has had some issues with them. I guess TG had some issues with bearings that they have corrected, but we were looking at opening up the housing to run a bigger bearing.

It has 2 like oil passages very close to the bearing so I think if it were inlarged it would make the housing week. Just put another cage bearing out of the transfer case in and use it till it breaks again. Had some one call trail gear and thay won't sell bearings or give you part numbers. Thay said throw away and buy a new one then hung up. That sucked.

It has 2 like oil passages very close to the bearing so I think if it were inlarged it would make the housing week. Just put another cage bearing out of the transfer case in and use it till it breaks again. Had some one call trail gear and thay won't sell bearings or give you part numbers. Thay said throw away and buy a new one then hung up. That sucked.

Wow, great customer service :eeek:. If your bearing is still in one piece take it into Mcguire and see if they can match it up..thats shitty tg won't give part numbers for anything