• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Durhamtown Tellico

redneckengineered said:
Heard that this park was getting shut down by our wonderful government. Supposed to be something on the website about it by tomorrow. Sad if this comes to pass. I never rode there but would have at some point.
Go figure!

Sucks for sure.
3a9ad6e4f929849184f4afb826c77701.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

This is complete and total crap! Sadly they will find ways to shut down the privately owned parks! This makes the second time they've done this in that area maybe they should change the name and not put tellico in it. The gov seems to have a hardon for that area for some reason!

So first tellico; now this place......

Must be something pretty special in those hills to not want people in there :flipgotcha:

Tellico was where I learned to wheel and wheeled 1st time; now never even got to wheel here.

Re:

Was hoping to make it to that park in the future. Damn shame the .gov is strong arming mike.

What is it about that place

Lawmakers and government officials don't want to hear or see us while they are there Trout fishing???

Damn this stupid fuking government bullshit! That is a cool place to ride. Just needed a little more time and tires, would have been awesome in about two years. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT

Rode there last weekend. It definitely reminded me of the old Tellico... but the not so favorable parts: camping is 30 minutes from the gate and an hour from civilization if you need anything, and the trails are extremely narrow, so meeting another group who is going the opposite direction becomes a dance of "how far off the ledge can I get?"

I enjoyed hanging with friends at the event, but I left the park thinking there was a LOT of work needing to be done, like the "camping" and cabins were scattered through out the park, inconvenient. The "RV" spots were not RV spots, nor were they flat. They were also where anyone with a trailer would park. So a total of 5 trailers could park IF no RV's were present.

There was a lot of potential, but at the end of the day, we've grown used to the modern private park and "obstacle" riding the SouthEast has to offer these days. The "head back to camp for lunch". Tellico... was not that.

Truly sorry to see this park go. I prolly woulda visited every year, to go to the event I just attended, even if it wasn't the type of wheeling I enjoy most,

44BRAND said:
Damn this stupid fuking government bullshit! That is a cool place to ride. Just needed a little more time and tires, would have been awesome in about two years. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT

Well said Gabe.

and Eric youre post had a lot of "sissy" in it.

ScottsPics said:
Well said Gabe.

and Eric youre post had a lot of "sissy" in it.

Damn straight it did. I'm getting older, and realizing I can't hang the way I used to. I'm also realizing what is good and what is less than good.
This is/was a GREAT park for the kind of group we had. Perfect park for it. Wagons on 32's. But as so many people already pointed out, including you in posts, this park needed a lot of action to be better. A park is a park, and that's good. But there were a lot of things wrong with that park that was obvious not going to change. Like the pay structure. You there Thursday through Sunday? That's $25/day and no weekend rate. Primitive camping is $10/night with no water and a portalet somewhere down the road.
Very sorry to see it go. But it needed a lot of work, and I can't help but think the owner was also aware of that as well.

The "out there" is what I liked a lot about it. I still like wheeling places like that, separates the the guys with good rigs and knowledge how to fix them enough to gtfo from the others. I wheeled a spot last wknd it took my friend and I nearly 5hrs to get him back to the truck last yr, with a log serving as a wheel. Not many places around like that anymore. Hate to see this place go, had a great time there earlier this yr.

LandSpeeder said:
Rode there last weekend. It definitely reminded me of the old Tellico... but the not so favorable parts: camping is 30 minutes from the gate and an hour from civilization if you need anything, and the trails are extremely narrow, so meeting another group who is going the opposite direction becomes a dance of "how far off the ledge can I get?"

I enjoyed hanging with friends at the event, but I left the park thinking there was a LOT of work needing to be done, like the "camping" and cabins were scattered through out the park, inconvenient. The "RV" spots were not RV spots, nor were they flat. They were also where anyone with a trailer would park. So a total of 5 trailers could park IF no RV's were present.

There was a lot of potential, but at the end of the day, we've grown used to the modern private park and "obstacle" riding the SouthEast has to offer these days. The "head back to camp for lunch". Tellico... was not that.

Truly sorry to see this park go. I prolly woulda visited every year, to go to the event I just attended, even if it wasn't the type of wheeling I enjoy most,
sounds like you're a motel kinda guy,camping is camping. That was the best part imo,camping the old Tellico at bear camp back in the day was deeper in the woods than that.Turn your man card in and get a reservation at the holiday day in :flipper:

RockHales said:
sounds like you're a motel kinda guy,camping is camping. That was the best part imo,camping the old Tellico at bear camp back in the day was deeper in the woods than that.Turn your man card in and get a reservation at the holiday day in :flipper:

Why make this about me? Do I know you? Apprently not.
I essentially lived at Tellico for years. In one calendar year, living 4 hours away, I went to Tellico every month, and not only wheeled, but on numerous occasions spent the night on the mountain/trail recovering rigs that were ill prepared and not even from our group. Never did me that way. And believe me or anyone who does know me, I'm not afraid of beating the **** of my my junk. But I know MY limits, including what spare part I have on me. Countless people, who had no business on the trail, broken, clogging the trail. You had two options: help them wrench or build a fire until the next day.
I have medical issues, CSF and back, that prevent me from being pain free for more than a few minutes. I moved in to a motor-home just so I could NOT stop wheeling, since no, I can't camp anymore. which I do, oh pretty much every other week. But see, we obviously don't know each other or you would know that.
I'll leave my man card at the registration tent, for your boyfriend.

As far as Durhmatown Tellico goes, I apologize to everyone here for "speaking ill of the ill/dead". It was in poor taste.