• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dynamite Design - AC / 2xRT

Dynamite Design said:
When the time comes, feel free to grab a stop/watch.

So, in the beginning I said to put all your deadlines on a calendar so you would realize you were getting behind and could correct the schedule so you could met your deadline. Did you follow my suggestion? Are you still on time for delivery 12/31/14? What date does your schedule show you should be started on the chassis? What is the completely tacked together date? What is your finish welding date?

I must say David, I have been a champion for your success. But with 44 days remaining, to me, you are looking like a failure. Please prove me wrong. Adam Carter deserves more to show for his hard earned money than a partially built set of trailing arms.

Again, I want to say that this is a make it or break it build for you and your business. Right now you look like nothing more than 747 with pretty welds. Perhaps you should look into the tire business.

Wise man once told me "don't tell what you are going to do until you've done it". I think this applies and I hope the status of the build is far beyond the interweb updates.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

According to page one he is still on track. But I have built a ton of frames, it's quite a job to build a one off frame and mig weld it out in a week. I would not try to build one and tig it in a week. I'm rooting for the guy, mainly because all of the nay Sayers. BUT I do think you need to set down and do a detailed schedule of events that need to happen to meet the finish date. The one on page one is way to vague. If it was me personally I wouldn't have even started this thread till it was complete, due to the fact it almost always takes longer than you think, I don't care who you are. Might be a good idea to duck out for a bit so you don't waste a bunch of time defending your work and thoughts.And all the negativity will slow you down due to it being hard to get people's comments out of your head.

No doubt that there is probably way more done than the build thread shows, but there have been some non-hating, legitimate questions asked in this thread that get ignored and the drama filled posts get replies? Why even have a thread if all you want to do is argue about nothing?

I know I bullshit around about 99% of the time, and you don't know me and Prob never will. But if the last five or six comments were made to me from the same guys, which I believe to 1. Know their **** and have ALOT of respect from me 2. Have been successful 3. Were older and MUCH wiser than me 4. Have been in the game much longer than myself and know more than I may ever know and offer good advice even to my Dumass...
I personally would take their advice. I'd go get the biggest ****ing calendar I could find, and schedule every single thing out. Of course normally I wait till the last minute and have a cluster **** to finish, but I'm a moron that ain't got a lot of someone's bread with a deadline to complete by . I would say **** on a build thread and Prob not sleep much workin my ass off in my garage.... (Wait that's wat I do now .) :woot: But seriously, you have to want to prove a lot of people wrong don't Ya!?? Get get get it!!! Or I'm thinkin I'll be reading some of the funniest **** I have probably ever read will be in 45 days :****:

Takes some pics and store them. Then post them in 46 days when you deliver Mr Carter the ride that he deserves ( and paid for). Hell with everybody do your thing bro! Lay down them sexy ass welds, over build everything, it don't matter as long as you give the man what he paid for. Good luck. :afro:

All the input is going to the right place, and greatly appreciated. John seems to be bleeding with it. :popcorn:

The production input is hitting home. What BJ said about an entrepreneur sticks out. Will be grasped, and put to good use in the near future.

As for right now, there is a race car I have to get out of my system and podiums are what I am after. Adam Carter will recieve more than he pays for. You can wipe that off the list.

Nothing is changing. I could build him a car to ride around in next week. I will use up all the time, and resources I can find within the boss man's guidelines.

I'll answer all the technical questions sometime when I get out of the shop, and sit on the couch.

And the welding can be considered cruise control. It's just what's flowing out of the new machine I'm learning. Although it will get better with time, your looking at production welding. Not interested in wasting time with it.

crawlin85cj said:
Wise man once told me "don't tell what you are going to do until you've done it". I think this applies and I hope the status of the build is far beyond the interweb updates.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

This is why very few of the big shops post build threads. Judge the final product, not the process.

Dynamite Design said:
Thanks John, I agree. I should of already explained that we are building a complete roller chassis with most everything mounted before it leaves the shop, and a dash. Adam is going to wire and plumb it, finish the gauge/radio mounting in the dash Adam is working hard to get all the parts to the shop. Heim joints should show up tomorrow, but we still need at least a couple 6 inch backspace wheels, with tires to really go full bore.

Some may have missed this part. He is not building a running buggy just a roller so he still has time to do this.

AdamF said:
Is it all chromo? If so how do you post heat? If I remember right any chromo thicker than .120(???) Needs to be post heated.

Chromoly is not in the budget. Just speed, and beef. Should be a killer DOM race chassis / roller, if a grunt motor is involved.

fl-krawler said:
I don't think there is any 1/4 wall in most of the arms I have seen... Lots of laminated (layers) of .125" plate though
securedownload2-vi.jpg

_5170539-vi.jpg
:woot:

Those links would be junk in 2 rock races.

Elliott said:
What are you going to use on the front? Trailing arms or?

Aluminum uppers and front lowers

crawlin85cj said:

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

yankster said:
This is why very few of the big shops post build threads. Judge the final product, not the process.

With out process, this build wouldn't exist.... No easy way around, or things to hide.

Here to win races. If a company can't tell you that, then I guess they are just selling you stuff.... And that goes for all of them

Dynamite Design said:
Chromoly is not in the budget. Just speed, and beef. Should be a killer DOM race chassis / roller, if a grunt motor is involved.

:woot:

Those links would be junk in 2 rock races.

Aluminum uppers and front lowers
Those look awesome! No hating here it just gets frustrating trying to follow a thread where nothing happens and real tech gets skipped over for drama :drinkers:

AdamF said:
Those look awesome! No hating here it just gets frustrating trying to follow a thread where nothing happens and real tech gets skipped over for drama :drinkers:

You may want to re-read that. Those two pictures are of what others are using on chromoly. Davids link picture is further up, I think this is the most complete picture.

index.php

Well crap.... I was half asleep when i ready that. But I was seriously hoping this project would turn around and not end up like that TJ. After reading it again I realize those aren't whats being built in this thread. Not sure what is being built so i'm just watching quietly from now on.... :popcorn: