• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dyno?

onepieceatatime

I like turtles...
Anybody ever put there trail rig on a dyno? The dyno guy down the road from me is putting on a dyno day for charity and I thought for $50 that's going to help a family it might be fun to see what a pretty much stock 355 does on propane down at the wheels. I'm not expecting some big number but thought it would be fun. It's probably going to be a big group of car guys and I would like to see there faces when I drive the jeep off the trailer.

Re:

It's a reman 350 crate motor dad had in a farm truck that only had about 40k on it. The receipt for the motor was in the truck when dad bought and he swore it said it was .30 over, 4 bolt main and steel crank. All I've done is aluminum intake, jeep v8 swap headers and put the gas on it. I'm not expecting much at all. I just finally got my exhaust, and cooling system straight the past few rides so I think I can advance the timing again. It always ran a lot better advanced but I couldn't keep it cool when radiator was out back to so I turned it back to try and help keep it cool.

Re:

I might take some rollers in case there's a problem with using the 39 iroks and bead locks but I think it'll be cool to do it as it would be on the trail.

I have had the Solo Buggy dyno tuned. I had a stumble in it when you got on the gas real fast. Also loped bad at idle. Got both those fixed by changing the fuel ratios. 6% less at idle. 15% more at WOT. He would not allow me to run my big tires. I had to put pickup truck tires on it.

287.52 HP
282.49 Torque

The motor is a GM Performance HT383 stroker. Only modification is a cam and Eldebrock multiport fuel injection.

GM specs are

340 HP @ 4,500 RPM
435 Torque @ 4,000 RPM

Max speed was 115 MPH.

JohnG said:
I have had the Solo Buggy dyno tuned. I had a stumble in it when you got on the gas real fast. Also loped bad at idle. Got both those fixed by changing the fuel ratios. 6% less at idle. 15% more at WOT. He would not allow me to run my big tires. I had to put pickup truck tires on it.

287.52 HP
282.49 Torque

The motor is a GM Performance HT383 stroker. Only modification is a can and Eldebrock multiport fuel injection.

GM specs are

340 HP @ 4,500 RPM
435 Torque @ 4,000 RPM

Max speed was 115 MPH.

Those are real good #s honestly, but Gm is famous for underrating their crate motors, so I am curious what the real driveline loss was

Re:

I thought I seen on trucks or something one time where they dynoed a couple jeeps they built and claimed drive train loss on a 4wd rig could be up to 50%

I put Bombshell on a dyno with the 33x12.50s off my work truck. It was too wide with the 43s.
It turned 330 at the wheels. The dude said probably 390 or so at the crank.

onepieceatatime said:
I thought I seen on trucks or something one time where they dynoed a couple jeeps they built and claimed drive train loss on a 4wd rig could be up to 50%
A buddy of mine put his buggy with 43 stickies on the dyno and it turned 265 I think. Dyno operator said it's probably 550-600 at the crank, so 50% seems about right.

this is a buddy of mine. 6.0 ls , 400 turbo, 205. this was before the supercharger... i believe he was in upper 200's to rear wheels

Latest posts