• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Easy digs.

Ty.

I'm sick of the stress on everything, and the brake wear from powering through the fronts when I dig. I am about to put discs on the rear for more bite.

My question in what do you guys think is the best for braking the rears only.

1. line lock like the Jamar style
2. electric line lock
3. cutting brake, or staging brake. (lever style) - - -CNC or Jamar- - -
4. Impco??

5. This one sounds interesting, but I can't find anything about one. I was told some of the drift cars use an electric e-brake. Over 200 bucks.

6. Other.

jamar style locks are junk, i had a set and nether one lasted more then a month:masturbanana[1]:

look into a micro lock. completely mechanical, imo i have heard to many horror stories of rigs rolling down the hill off a road ect/ from eletric line locks

My question in what do you guys think is the best for braking the rears only.

6. Other.

A second brake master with a second peddle. I love my two brake peddle set-up.......nothing compares.:awesomework:

I have a CNC 2 handle cutting brake and it locks up my disks on my 60 no problem. pull your tcase out of rear wheel drive and grab whatever wheel you want to lock up, super easy.

A second brake master with a second peddle. I love my two brake peddle set-up.......nothing compares.:awesomework:

Good idea, I was thinking of something like that if I could make the room. It is going in my flatfender. Two brakes would be kinda cool.

I have a CNC 2 handle cutting brake and it locks up my disks on my 60 no problem. pull your tcase out of rear wheel drive and grab whatever wheel you want to lock up, super easy.

Im spooled in the rear, so I can't just stop one, but its nice to know the cnc's are good. Could you tell my the difference in a single cutting brake, and a staging brake, would I get good enough braking? Its just a Willy's I will be stopping 35's.

Im spooled in the rear, so I can't just stop one, but its nice to know the cnc's are good. Could you tell my the difference in a single cutting brake, and a staging brake, would I get good enough braking? Its just a Willy's I will be stopping 35's.

I ran a spool for awhile with my cutting brakes, I would just lock them both up and it would work pretty good. The double handle has two master cylinders making more force, I didnt get a single for that reason, but Im on 40s.

I ran a spool for awhile with my cutting brakes, I would just lock them both up and it would work pretty good. The double handle has two master cylinders making more force, I didnt get a single for that reason, but Im on 40s.

I might end up going that route the sticks look close together, and should be easy to pull both. Then if I decided I didn't need two cylinders per axle I could run one of them to the front axle. Plus a whole bunch of sticks just looks cool.:awesomework:

I saw one of these at six Robblees today. It looks burley. But they wanted over $200 for it. Mico lever lock.

Attachments

• MBL1PWSLeverLock.jpg
    MBL1PWSLeverLock.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 137

that sounds interesting. My question is, wouldnt the fluid from one master just try to flow to the other rather than applying the brake? (path of least resistance) More info plz

This #1...........

I have a CNC 2 handle cutting brake and it locks up my disks on my 60 no problem. QUOTE]

..........and this is what I have w/a Detroit.

IMNSHO......the key to front digs is to "not be shy"....#1-Kick T-case to front only #2-Grab a big 'Ol handfull of rear brake #3- WITH THE FRONT TIRES STILL STRAIGHT...LIGHT'EM OFF TILL YOU HIT THE CHIP #4-Turn INTO the burn with the tires already lit(see #3) #5 sometimes I'll "nurse" the cutting brake on/off to get the angle right #6 grab 4 dig.....search and destroy.

This #1...........

I have a CNC 2 handle cutting brake and it locks up my disks on my 60 no problem. QUOTE]

..........and this is what I have w/a Detroit.

IMNSHO......the key to front digs is to "not be shy"....#1-Kick T-case to front only #2-Grab a big 'Ol handfull of rear brake #3- WITH THE FRONT TIRES STILL STRAIGHT...LIGHT'EM OFF TILL YOU HIT THE CHIP #4-Turn INTO the burn with the tires already lit(see #3) #5 sometimes I'll "nurse" the cutting brake on/off to get the angle right #6 grab 4 dig.....search and destroy.

^^^^^^That's what I'm talking about. You just made me wanna go out, and tear up my yard! Nothing like the rig wheelin' with tires peelin, and the ol' lady squeelin'!
Yea, I talked with the CNC folks today, and that sounds like the route to take for sure.:awesomework:

that sounds interesting. My question is, wouldnt the fluid from one master just try to flow to the other rather than applying the brake? (path of least resistance) More info plz

The guy at revolution brakes had some idea's on this.

Or just run one master for the front, and one for the rear. That would be ideal I think. just have the peddles close together so you can push them both at the same time. You could lock them together if you streeted alot.
Then you can front dig with the rear pedal, and rear dig with the front pedal.

Or..you could put a second set of calipers on the rear, and have normal braking with your pedal, and the second set of calipers to another master.

The guy at revolution brakes had some idea's on this.

Or just run one master for the front, and one for the rear. That would be ideal I think. just have the peddles close together so you can push them both at the same time. You could lock them together if you streeted alot.
Then you can front dig with the rear pedal, and rear dig with the front pedal.

ya that makes sense. That would be similar to brakes on a backhoe. But they are left and right instead of front and rear. good thinkin:awesomework:

[
ya that makes sense. That would be similar to brakes on a backhoe. But they are left and right instead of front and rear. good thinkin:awesomework:

I have heard of guys with open diffs doing it side to side like a backhoe too. Either with cutting brakes, or peddles. It helps for turning, and kind of a hillbilly traction aid when one tire starts to spin they brake that one a little to get the one with traction to turn.

I have heard of guys with open diffs doing it side to side like a backhoe too. Either with cutting brakes, or peddles. It helps for turning, and kind of a hillbilly traction aid when one tire starts to spin they brake that one a little to get the one with traction to turn.

Bruce Zeller is the first person I saw do this and it's NUCKIN FUTZ!! Turns off ARBs Front and rear....locks up both right or left side wheels with hand brakes and pins it. Damn moon car basically does a 180 on itself.....really cool..........still don't want arbs though.:D