• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Rock crawl and Rainier Vista

10 truck and trailer loads of boulders are being delivered December 6th and 7th. :cheer:

Corey, I hope that we can use a lot of that to build up the hill climb on the Rainier Vista. I forsee this being like the new XXX trail at Tahuya but longer.

I'm not so much a fan of just a pile of rocks to climb but rather some strategically placed rocks over the entire hill climb that keep you on your toes and make you work. These need to be dug in so that they don't move, and be interspersed with various other obstacles such as holes, logs etc.

I don't think the boulders should be "Dug in" It just makes it more interesting if the boulders are able to move and change place stratigically so the trail is like getting to run a new trail everytime.:redneck:

I don't think the boulders should be "Dug in" It just makes it more interesting if the boulders are able to move and change place stratigically so the trail is like getting to run a new trail everytime.:redneck:

So you want them to all wind up in a big pile at the bottom later :haha:

A gatekeeper is planned for the trail already. The gate keeper will keep under prepared rigs off the trail.

Pokey's right. The rock will eventually all find their way to the bottom if they're not dug in. Logs across the trail can also keep rocks from sliding down so properly designed we can have a little of both.

Is there going to be any improvements to the stretch after the top of the hill?
:corn:

If there are, it'll be last on the list. Primarily so that we can access the hill to work on it. On the bottom of the hill, there's a couple of trees that need to stay that would keep a good size excavator out.

Access from the top for dump trucks and equipment is much better.

If there are, it'll be last on the list. Primarily so that we can access the hill to work on it. On the bottom of the hill, there's a couple of trees that need to stay that would keep a good size excavator out.

Access from the top for dump trucks and equipment is much better.

Good point, something I hadn't thought of obviously.

I'm anxious to see the hill with some rock on it, that would be :cool:
You gotta admit though, once you get to the top of the hill, the next section of trail is a let down.

You guys have done a great job out there with everything else, I can't wait to see what you have in store. And hopefully I can get my rig running a little better here soon to help out where I can.