• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric Fuel Pump Questions

Drone637

Swapped over to an electric fuel pump on my SJ and what we believe is the internal pressure relief valve is way to noisy. Does anyone local sell a low psi pressure release valve I can put up in the engine compartment and just route into the return line?

Depending on which style of low psi pump you used, They will be noisy (it's not the relief valve); There's a low psi solenoid type pump out there that's actually pretty quiet---->forget the part #---> I can find out though & let you know......

Just a Napa in-line "Heavy Duty" fuel pump. It might be just the fact that there was not enough fuel going through it to keep it cool since it was just idling in the garage for about 30 minutes and it over heated. Normally it runs nice and quiet, it just started acting up. I'll find out if it acts up on the trail on Saturday, as I'm also testing out a new carb.

If it ends up being a problem I might upgrade to an proper proper fuel pump.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm running a Jegs fuel pump on my YJ and this thing is noising as hell.
I'm thinking about buying the Edelbrock Quiet-Flo pump. Has anyone used this one? Is it worth the money?
Any suggestions on mounting that will quiet it down?
FYI- it's a carbureted 4.0L

man i dont get it, my friends said my pump was 2 loud but **** when im on the trail or just fartin around I can barely here the thing over my exhaust and radio. . .

How loud r we talking here?????

Also i always liked being able 2 hear the pump, with mine you can instantly tell just by the noise if im low on gas or out of gas. . . and it makes a great way to get a fire going. pop the line turn fuel pump on spay wood, reconnect line back up truck and boom presto fire.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm running a Jegs fuel pump on my YJ and this thing is noising as hell.
I'm thinking about buying the Edelbrock Quiet-Flo pump. Has anyone used this one? Is it worth the money?
Any suggestions on mounting that will quiet it down?
FYI- it

I was running that same pump till I swithced to efi, and they do run noisy, but like sumthinsumthinblablabla said, mount it with lots of rubber. :awesomework:

Two things that I noticed that would make the pump louder also is either lack of fuel (pickup not fully submerged) or it sucked up a chunk of something. Do you have a pre-pump filter?