• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ellensburg rock-crawling event uncertain

It is up to the Klein's to deliver.

1. They are the businessmen here in the equation trying to bring a product to market...a new market at that.

2. It is up to the the business men to sell the product to the customers. In this case of the new market, the customers are the local officials. We are their repeat customers...so we don't really count in the sale.

3. The money lost is only hurtful to the business people selling the product. We are not out because we do not have to spend the gas, time, and resources to enjoy their product.

4. No sales plan, no product to sell, no worries.

If there is no local event then, there is no local event.

B.S.

I think your thinking is a little short sighted....

We are only looking to do one event in the PNW each year, the regionals would do another 1-2 and some trials M/C events each year, club challenges and practice sessions would be a way for an enterprising individual to amke some $$$

Nascar does not build the tracks, neither will W.E.ROCK

We love our PNW friends, but if we are not wanted, we will go where we are...

Big

B.S.

I think your thinking is a little short sighted....

We are only looking to do one event in the PNW each year, the regionals would do another 1-2 and some trials M/C events each year, club challenges and practice sessions would be a way for an enterprising individual to amke some $$$

Nascar does not build the tracks, neither will W.E.ROCK

We love our PNW friends, but if we are not wanted, we will go where we are...

Big

Rich that isnt it at all. We want Werock to be in washington. I have been trying to find a place to put the comp for a year. I also have been talking with your boy on what you guys are looking for. I now have a big pile of fencing in my yard that was supposed to be used on the man made coarse that wont be used now. I dont know why it is so hard to get land for the comp here in washington but I do think that there are enough people that suport it to put our heads together and make this work out. Ill keep trying.:awesomework:

Are you looking for a new Area? What about a place north of Spokane up in Pend Oreille County?

Are you looking for a new Area? What about a place north of Spokane up in Pend Oreille County?

I believe I can get 56 acres on private land with about 1500 feet of elevation change with rocks and trees

IMO, too far away.

Darius:

How much was the Shot-Crete?? Is the Snohomish place you mentioned still viable?
________
Asian american

Last edited:
how about vantage ? it use to be there for cal-rock ... I know goldendale is small but it worked..we like to see we-rock here the fans and drivers but its like anything els the city / county / state / government likes to **** us all if its something that there not into ....good luck and i will still fly out to see ya guys at we-rock ,,,later

IMO, too far away.

Darius:

How much was the Shot-Crete?? Is the Snohomish place you mentioned still viable?

I'm not sure of the cost per yard, or however they charge, and I'm not sure how much of it would be needed, these are all question's for the rich's. Though I do remember talking with Jack (property manager at snohomish location) He said for a good course with enough terrain for fresh stuff for a few year's it was about 50k. I'm pretty sure he got to a point and said **** it and quit trying to offer/help.

I'm not sure of the cost per yard, or however they charge, and I'm not sure how much of it would be needed, these are all question's for the rich's. Though I do remember talking with Jack (property manager at snohomish location) He said for a good course with enough terrain for fresh stuff for a few year's it was about 50k. I'm pretty sure he got to a point and said **** it and quit trying to offer/help.

If you went totally out of pocket, without trying to get discounts or sponsorship opp's yes 50K is about what it would take. But there are ways to get it down in price.

Vantage is out for a number of reasons.

Goldendale just won't work anymore.

I am open to look at just about anything

Big

Boy if there could be an event on the west side of the mountains----you guys could make an ABOSOLUTE KILLING!

If you went totally out of pocket, without trying to get discounts or sponsorship opp's yes 50K is about what it would take. But there are ways to get it down in price.

Vantage is out for a number of reasons.

Goldendale just won't work anymore.

I am open to look at just about anything

Big

Are you still against holding an event at Straddelline ORV?

How about half way between Portland and Seattle, 15 miles of I-5, owner has 400 acres, has a motorcross track and holds events, building a dragstrip and has held 4x4 events there. it would all have to be man made as there is not much elevation change and he has a bunch of equipment also. Let me know and I will try to get in contact with him..

Rich...

I wasn't trying to be negative towards you...re-reading my post it does come across that way...

I was trying to break it down to business terms for the simpletons...running an event like this is like running a business.

I for one hope you find a local that is re-newable and can sustain a repeat event. It would be great for everyone.

No I am not against holding an event there.

Rich,
last year I helped you set up a meeting with them and you guys turned it down. This would be an ideal location, I spoke with them a few weeks ago and they are still interested in building courses. I think this would be the place, it has, grandstands, concession stands, race tower, ample parking, Camping & RV Hookups, etc...
This place is pretty much centrally located between Portland & Seattle.

I heard from a little birdie that things are being planned out in a little town east of the mountains. I figure i should let him spill the beans*