• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer questions/opinions

Have it wired for 220v ( two hot wires ) with a 50 amp plug. You can buy adapters at any rv place. To adapt down to 30amp and then to 110v ( standard house plug ). I would want the trailer to be able to handle anything you put in it. Ac, heater, water heater.... Let what you are plugging into at the campsite limit what you run, not your trailer.

Eddyj said:
Have it wired for 220v ( two hot wires ) with a 50 amp plug. You can buy adapters at any rv place. To adapt down to 30amp and then to 110v ( standard house plug ). I would want the trailer to be able to handle anything you put in it. Ac, heater, water heater.... Let what you are plugging into at the campsite limit what you run, not your trailer.

HPO has adapters for the asking at sign in. FYI, RV's do NOT use 220, we use two legs of 50 amp 110 power, for a total of 100 amps, but all is 110, not 220, even the dryer is 110.

True, on the rv's not having anything in them pulling 220v. My point was have it wired so you could split your load or add on later without having to add anything later. For a minimal amount up front you could have all the electric you'll ever need in a trailer.

Well I did go ahead a pull the trigger on a new trailer. Looked for a used one for a while but finding one with enough door height is tough.
Hopefully it will last for years to come.
20' x 8.5'x 7' inside wall height, 7k axles with brakes, floor cross members on 12" centers, walls on 16" and roof on 24". 36" side door. .030 outer skin. 50 amp rv box.
Plans include adding detachable bed frames that attach to e track on the walls. Heat and A/C, led lighting and awning.
Looking forward to not camping in a tent or truck bed with the wife and two boys.

Nice trailer.
I have a lead on one myself but waiting for door width measurements. Hard to get family to do anything :****: It will be all I need or want and more if it works out. Only thing its not is a gooseneck which I prefer but maybe it will be ok.

What the difference in a enclosed gooseneck vs enclosed bumper? I know goose will be heavier and a greater cost, but it already has an area for a bed that is of the way. Truck already set up for goose. I know I will loose truck bed space and use to that with a 18ft goose trailer I have now.

I would like to store the rig in it when not in use, small area to keep things, and then small divider for bedding so I don't have to smell oil/gas ect. Won't be super long since I don't have a dually to control the long length.

The price almost doubles but it loads the tow rig better.I too wanted a gooseneck but the budget said no.

The rear door opening is the closest point. I have about 2" on each side and about 3" at the top of the b pillar.

I been getting ready to buy a enclose pretty close to yours, who did you go though? Maybe a contact number?

RustyC said:
Well I did go ahead a pull the trigger on a new trailer. Looked for a used one for a while but finding one with enough door height is tough.
Hopefully it will last for years to come.
20' x 8.5'x 7' inside wall height, 7k axles with brakes, floor cross members on 12" centers, walls on 16" and roof on 24". 36" side door. .030 outer skin. 50 amp rv box.
Plans include adding detachable bed frames that attach to e track on the walls. Heat and A/C, led lighting and awning.
Looking forward to not camping in a tent or truck bed with the wife and two boys.

I bought my trailer though (http://www.trinitycargotrailers.com/).
I searched around and found I was unable to buy directly from the manufacturer. I had to go through the dealer network. I found Trinity Trailers to have the most competitive prices. They are located a mile from the manufacturer.
I had to put down a 1K deposit to get the trailer built, this was done over the phone. I maintained contact through phone and email until I picked it up. You can have the trailer delivered to you if needed. I chose to pick mine up.
I paid the remainder of my balance upon pickup of the trailer in Douglas ,Ga.
My salesman Conrad , phone 912-381-7807 met me for pickup at the manufacturer to make sure everything was as ordered.

Overall I had a good experience using Trinity Trailers.

I have been enjoying the 24' enclosed trailer. Plenty of room for Buggy + RZR + t-shirts. It needs some interior lights though. I have a old battery out of my powerstroke that is still good. Thought about getting a solar panel to mount on top of the trailer. Anyone ever bought one of the Harbor Freight ones?

I have a 30 foot enclosed. Anyone ever cut most of the enclosed part off making a flat open deck and leave part of the trailer enclosed? I know some are built with the walls being a big part of the support of the trailer. Mine has 6" channel welded back to back forming a I beam down each side. The reason im wanting to do this is its to short to fit my rig inside and the box is narrow inside the tires. Any thoughts

Cotton12v said:
I have a 30 foot enclosed. Anyone ever cut most of the enclosed part off making a flat open deck and leave part of the trailer enclosed? I know some are built with the walls being a big part of the support of the trailer. Mine has 6" channel welded back to back forming a I beam down each side. The reason im wanting to do this is its to short to fit my rig inside and the box is narrow inside the tires. Any thoughts
Why not just sell it and buy an open trailer? Might even come out ahead.