• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Engine Lift Plates

tobyw

I'm about to embark on a complete drivetrain swap on a J-series pickup, which will more than likely require several stabs of the engine/transmission to get the mounts laid out and fabricated. I'm installing a bone stock TBI Chevy 350, and I'm curious about using an intake mounted lift plate - anyone have any input on weight limitations when using these? My concerns are whether or not I would need to strip all of the accessories off the front of the engine, whether or not I could hang the transmission off the back and poke it all in at once, etc. I appreciate any thoughts or experiences you can share.

If it has an aluminum manifold I may be concerned, iron no concern. My aluminum Edlebrock manifold has two stripped holes that needed inserts. I would never trust it for lifting the engine.

I single 5/16-18 lifting eye is good for 1200lbs. when threaded into steel or with a nut. I'd say that a lifting plate with 4 proper length bolts, even in aluminum would handle a fully dressed engine & trans just fine.