• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Essentially chassis buggy build!!!

cicero

Here is my first buggy!!!! Just picked up my chassis from Essentially Off Road in Murfreesboro. It is his new 321 Chassis. Here are a list of the parts that are going into it. Have been scrounging these parts for over six months here and there and finally just bout got everything.

EOR 321 Chassis
Rockwells
47 LTB's
125 inch wheelbase
15x10 Eaton 32bolt beadlocks
302 HO with AFR 165cc aluminum heads, custom comp cam, propane, headers, hei, etc....
C6 with tci manual valvebody
twin stick 205(wish i had the cash for a STAK)
Art Carr Shifter
Warn Winch
2 18 inch Sway a way coilovers
2 17 inch Bilstein coilovers
bilstein air bumps
Aluminum 4 link bars front and rear
1 1/4 in heims all way around
12 Volt Guy switch panel

I'm sure im forgetting stuff!!! Cant wait to wheel this thing!!!

OMG thats going to be a BIG BITCH!

I love their chassis lines, good luck, and BRING IT with the build up pics. I want to see her come together. Then get rode hard and put away wet and dripping......

125 inch wheelbase :eek: Damn that is a wheelbase.

Good luck on your build. I am about to get my chassis and will be at the same starting point as you. Lot of fun ahead thumb.gif

Went and got some pics of the buggy this afternoon. Ryan got the carts to hold the chassis built and set the wheelbase. Looks like we are going to stay between 123 and 125" wheelbase. The belly clearance should be 28 inches and the top of the cage set and 6 ft or just a tad higher(with preliminary measurements) next step is to set the ride height and comfirm measurements.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The belly clearance should be 28 inches and the top of the cage set and 6 ft or just a tad higher(with preliminary measurements) next step is to set the ride height and comfirm measurements.

Keep your 205 in mind when setting up engine. They tend to hang down alittle.
Good looking chassis EOR turns out some great stuff.

6ft at ride height would be badass, Hope you can pull it off with that configuration !!! Get that sucka sittin on suspension man ! thumb.gif

Shortened wheelbase to 120 today. this sets the top of the cage at 6'3" with the 47's!!! belly height will be 28 to 29 inches. will get some pics soon!!!

Went to the shop tonight and popped a few pics with the phone(wife took camera on trip)!!! Chassis welded to the axles and set at ride height.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* Outsider lookin in...

If it were me Id try to get that frontend back a little more , hard to say if that is feasible packaging wise though especially since you havent stuck a motor or anything in it.

Just my first reaction lookin at the pics... again, it might not be a feasible task , or you may want that wheelbase. Either way, stay on it and get some links and drivetrain in that bad boy ! :afro:

Thanks for your input. we set it up that way so that we can get the most out of the suspension without having to worry about hitting anything on the motor. I like a longer wheelbase because of the ledges that we mostly ride on.

cicero said:
Thanks for your input. we set it up that way so that we can get the most out of the suspension without having to worry about hitting anything on the motor. I like a longer wheelbase because of the ledges that we mostly ride on.

I understand that 100% , thats why I mentioned packaging. You got it at ride height in the pics, are you going to center bump the diff and get wheel travel at the ends of the axle ?

What kind of wheel travel you going for ( uppy n down... )

Sorry Im inqusitive today for some reason... mainly its because I dig the hell outta that chassis

gonna try to do that with the bumps. gonna have 6 up travel, 17 in bilisteins in front and 18 inch saw's in the rear. Biggest thing right now is that i am trying to make up my mind on a tcase. if i use the 205 then my seat won't be able to move. If i go ahead and bite the bullet and buy a passengers drive drop stak then my problem would be solved and have hella gearing. Those new 3 speed mini monster boxes are looking pretty good to me right now. want some seat movement so my wife can occasionally drive it. I am right at 6ft and she is 5'3". Want her to enjoy driving it also!!

Slider seats in a buggy is nice, I set Joes buggy up like that when I did it and its a sweet luxury to have if you can afford to build around it space wise.

Sounds like your on to a killer rig man