• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek issues

The contact info for the FS is located here. http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25782

l Bob Pacific
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

If you contact Bob Pacific he will put you on the e-mail notification list for the White river meetings. I encourage anyone to attend these meetings if you can do so in a respectful manner. Please be advised though that the FS has made it clear that all work done by volunteers at Evans creek goes thru Derrick Clark. Bob has many issues on the forest to deal with and not enough time to deal personaly with everyone over every issue. This is why we have a chairperson in place from each user group as a principle contact. I try and get the meeting notifications posted on here and they are also available at www.pnw4wda.org in the land matters area of the forum. The PNW4WDA has been involved with Evans creek from the very begining. We have always been there to maintain the facility for the users. We have very dedicated members that volunterr hundreds of hours making sure the park is there for us. Sometimes we have to do things that we may not like but its all part of the overall plan to keep the park open for all of us to enjoy. Its not ever going to be everything for everybody but with continued dedication by the volunteers it will be there to enjoy.

One thing about the trails is that the Department Of Ecology puts pressure on the DNR and USFS to stop silt and mud from running into ditches and forested wetlands. That is why the entrances and exits to the trails need to be kept looking like they are rock solid and pretty with no mud or runoff so the pencil pusher inspectors will be satisfied and leave rest of the trails alone.

"They" dont want to see "ugly" trails from the road. And this entrace can be seen by all the anti ORV hikers that drive past the ORV area to go to Mowich Lake.

Last edited:
the V-crack is damn near impassible but by the most built rigs, an even then, if its wet, many built rigs get denied.
Perhaps not "denied", but me and another have scars ...

If you're talking about the same "V" on 311 I remember, I liked it! I always considered the "otherway" as a "user built bypass", but also been out of loop ...

The bypass was the issue.

That entrance was perfect. It was bare rock, no erosion.

If asked to fill it in I would not have been a **** or talked back or been negative.

I would have refused to complete that project as a volunteer. Im not on the clock or able to be fired. Im a volunteer that decides what I am going to participate in or not.

If they did not like that then what? Would they charge me with something or just do it themselves or just skip it?:eeek:

I would hope other in my group helping would see my point and say the same, "we decline to work on this task, but would be happy to work on something else". :awesomework:

Anyone who stayed and continued to follow orders/commands would be on my "whatever list". :rolleyes:

My group knows how to stand up for whats right without meetings or bosses or supervisors.

If they want shitty stuff done it will have to be by the heros or themselves. My group would never have done an act such as this.:D

Its funny that the 311 entrance ranks higher than the 222 trail.:beer:
I totally agree ... no way I would'a helped to lay that rock. I woulda walked away and found a bag of garbage to bring back instead.

I see a lot of passionate people posting in this thread & the one that was recently closed...when are you going to start applying some of that passion towards a solution?

1. How many of you have ever attended the White River Focus meeting hosted by the FS in Enumclaw?
  2. How many of you consistently attend this meeting?
  3. How many of you belong to an association that is directly representing your views/desires at Evan's Creek?
I am tired of being one of the few asking for more challenging obstacles...i want opportunites for wider rigs, shotcrete obstacles, natural rock obstacles, etc.

It would be nice to see some like minded folks start to provide a positive contribution & get to know the local FS/DNR officials. Join a club, join an association or show up as an individual...doesn't matter to me.

If you are that passionate about the difficulty level of Evan's Creek...stop pounding on the keyboard, show up at a meeting, introduce yourself to the officials and have an intelligent / professional conversation about what opportunites you would like to see.

:awesomework:

ABSOLUTELY :cool:

Perhaps not "denied", but me and another have scars ...

If you're talking about the same "V" on 311 I remember, I liked it! I always considered the "otherway" as a "user built bypass", but also been out of loop ...

I was talking about the Walker V-crack, its a very tough obsticle, but would not be good for a gatekeeper but for the most extreme trails (read: Outlet Mall)

I have removed some of the BS.

Keep this on track and if you wish not to--then you will be removed from the thread.

Bottom line guys this thread is here to help figure out/info on how we can fix this issue....

I see a lot of passionate people posting in this thread & the one that was recently closed...when are you going to start applying some of that passion towards a solution?

1. How many of you have ever attended the White River Focus meeting hosted by the FS in Enumclaw?
  3. How many of you belong to an association that is directly representing your views/desires at Evan's Creek?
I am tired of being one of the few asking for more challenging obstacles...i want opportunites for wider rigs, shotcrete obstacles, natural rock obstacles, etc.

It would be nice to see some like minded folks start to provide a positive contribution & get to know the local FS/DNR officials. Join a club, join an association or show up as an individual...doesn't matter to me.

If you are that passionate about the difficulty level of Evan's Creek...stop pounding on the keyboard, show up at a meeting, introduce yourself to the officials and have an intelligent / professional conversation about what opportunites you would like to see.

Yep, because you will have so much influence over what they do :haha::haha:

They (the FS) are entirely run by Greenies, they do not want us in the woods, we are an evil that has a right to be there and they will put up with us as long as they have to, you all can go ahead and jump through their hoops and say whatever it is you want, but the truth is, that they have no concern about making it challenging, they want it as safe as possible to lower the liability on the FS, and they want minimal runoff, if you want difficult trails then work with the DNR. :D

Yep, because you will have so much influence over what they do :haha::haha:

They (the FS) are entirely run by Greenies, they do not want us in the woods, we are an evil that has a right to be there and they will put up with us as long as they have to, you all can go ahead and jump through their hoops and say whatever it is you want, but the truth is, that they have no concern about making it challenging, they want it as safe as possible to lower the liability on the FS, and they want minimal runoff, if you want difficult trails then work with the DNR. :D

Theres a certain amount of truth to that :awesomework: The DNR has a lot more leeway as to what they can do on the land they manage. The FS has 10 times the regulations to follow then the DNR does.

I have removed some of the BS.

Keep this on track and if you wish not to--then you will be removed from the thread.

Bottom line guys this thread is here to help figure out/info on how we can fix this issue....

Its already fixed. The FS told us what needed to be done and its done. I just spent the last hour on the phone with Bob and whats done is done. I have stated all of the reasoning in previous posts so we wont go there. If we want to keep our trails on FS managed land open then we need to deal with water issues as well as what they deem "dangerous" issues. Both of these were addressed in the repair of the 311 and now their happy with it so the trail stays open.:cheer: I know this still bothers some of the "hard core" guys but this is still a win in my book.

Would love to join a club that had a finger on the pulse, in fact, I have tried, and my account is still waiting activation through WOW. :) Upon the direction of Gabriel James, I made an account over at WOW about a month ago.

I would love to get in on meetings and formal stuff, but allot of it is not posted here nor over on another board I am on. So, I thought that being on the WOW board could help with having the abilty to show up. However, after waiting this long without an admin allowing me to say anything, I'm a little detered from the board.

Lets get the ball rolling and I am one to friendly speak my mind to officials and ask just those questions about the need for stockers staying out.

Its already fixed. The FS told us what needed to be done and its done. I just spent the last hour on the phone with Bob and whats done is done. I have stated all of the reasoning in previous posts so we wont go there. If we want to keep our trails on FS managed land open then we need to deal with water issues as well as what they deem "dangerous" issues. Both of these were addressed in the repair of the 311 and now their happy with it so the trail stays open.:cheer: I know this still bothers some of the "hard core" guys but this is still a win in my book.

So just to clarify.....those rocks ain't going away, and that's that?

What gets me about threads like this one is the people bitching about how some things are done but the people bitching never want to be involved or put in the time until after they see something they don't like....You've seen what can happen folks so now what are you going to do? Something like this will for sure happen again, are you going to wait until then and bitch about it after the fact or are you going to be proactive and get involved up front?:corn:

In time...BUT! They will be put back:booo:....

I sure hope we dont lose Evans sooner then we already are tho... Anything to get as much out of the trail system as we can!!:awesomework:

What gets me about threads like this one is the people bitching about how some things are done but the people bitching never want to be involved or put in the time until after they see something they don't like....You've seen what can happen folks so now what are you going to do? Something like this will for sure happen again, are you going to wait until then and bitch about it after the fact or are you going to be proactive and get involved up front?:corn:

I agree Rick. To quote Office Space....."Thumbs up the ass's.....thumbs up the ass's."

They're a bunch of lazy redneck mudboggers.......I expect very little of these types of folks. Worthless......

Prove me an asshole guys.......:hi: Show the ORV community you're worth a ****.:beer:

Pro-active----love that term :awesomework:

Would love to join a club that had a finger on the pulse, in fact, I have tried, and my account is still waiting activation through WOW. :) Upon the direction of Gabriel James, I made an account over at WOW about a month ago.

I would love to get in on meetings and formal stuff, but allot of it is not posted here nor over on another board I am on. So, I thought that being on the WOW board could help with having the abilty to show up. However, after waiting this long without an admin allowing me to say anything, I'm a little detered from the board.

Lets get the ball rolling and I am one to friendly speak my mind to officials and ask just those questions about the need for stockers staying out.

I apologize for not getting you activated...

We have a high % of new accounts that are spammers... Some people get over looked... I believe we had it set to e-mail anyone that registers to let us know if they are a real person... That has helped, but not all the time...

Both myself and Dirk have had people pm us about a friend that needs to be activated... And that has also helped...

I'll go take a look at it right now and get back to you...

Thanks for your support...

Would love to make it to the meetings but most (if not all) are held while I am at work. I would have been at the work party but with a new child and not being able to see the ole lady as much as I would like I had to spend some time with her. Are there any meetings on saturdays or even sundays?

That would be kinda tough to build without some very very heavy equipment to move some LARGE rocks. Plus, the V-crack is damn near impassible but by the most built rigs, an even then, if its wet, many built rigs get denied.

I don't know evens and have never been, but a small rock garden type obsticle with the rocks half burried should keep a lot of stockish rigs out of that trail. Here are some examples.

In the link I like the first and third gate keepers:awesomework: That is kinda what I was talking about. Not two big ass rocks but some dirt and smaller rocks to make a keeper kinda like those.:awesomework:

Thats the way they wanted it fixed. If it gets tore up then we will spend our time fixing it again instead of making improvements to the park. Fixing things over and over is such a productive way to do things :rolleyes: