• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek issues

Theres a certain amount of truth to that :awesomework: The DNR has a lot more leeway as to what they can do on the land they manage. The FS has 10 times the regulations to follow then the DNR does.

That's what a lot of people don't realize, the FS is used to maintaining parks, and beautiful landscapes, the DNR is used to logging, two extremely different views of nature, if people want to get involved in improving the trail systems then they need to be pro-active with the DNR ORV parks, Evans Creek is FS and will always be run as such, and while a lot of us may disagree with the powers that be, there is no way any of us will change their goals for the park. Put your efforts towards a goal that is achievable :awesomework:

That's what a lot of people don't realize, the FS is used to maintaining parks, and beautiful landscapes, the DNR is used to logging, two extremely different views of nature, if people want to get involved in improving the trail systems then they need to be pro-active with the DNR ORV parks, Evans Creek is FS and will always be run as such, and while a lot of us may disagree with the powers that be, there is no way any of us will change their goals for the park. Put your efforts towards a goal that is achievable :awesomework:

So you're saying individuals (and especially clubs/Orgs) should stop wasting their time on "building" FS land and put all their efforts into DNR land?

That sounds like a terrible idea.:eeek:

If Jaydog is correct in his statement and working with the FS to build better (all around more fun and challenging) trails is a dead end road at Evans........and the DNR is a more receptive land manager for this type of "building", What's another option?

If Jaydog is correct in his statement and working with the FS to build better (all around more fun and challenging) trails is a dead end road at Evans........and the DNR is a more receptive land manager for this type of "building", What's another option?

But. If we as wheelers and users dont work with the USFS to maintain THE trails then eventually we will all lose that trail system to the green thumbs due to lack of interest by the user groups that use n abuse those trails... I happen to like a easy day of wheeling at Evans..:awesomework:.... I am bummed that the hole got filled in, but to keep the powers that be on our side's then we have to do it.... Money, you should know this all to well with working along side of the DNR up north..:eeek:

So you're saying individuals (and especially clubs/Orgs) should stop wasting their time on "building" FS land and put all their efforts into DNR land?

So make sure you dont waste your time at funny rocks anymore. oh and take rimrock off of your list as well.

I forsee more hole filling by the paid USFS trail crew in the future after the campground expansion is finished. They have nice scenic trails in mind for the area, not challenging ones like on DNR land. But I dont really know much about all this. Attend the meetings if you want first hand info.

But. If we as wheelers and users dont work with the USFS to maintain THE trails then eventually we will all lose that trail system.....

First, I was asking a question pertaining to the statement Jaydog made. I didn't make a statement, I asked a question.

Second, trail maintenance is not the "building" I was referring to.:;

The entrance to 311 was apparently maintained to FS standards. These standards do not appear to be pro-active:D and conducive to "building" trails the typical users has expressed (on this site; in these threads) he wishes to see.

So......trail maintenance aside, if one wants to help "build" existing trails; (here's the statement, finally:D) it seems the efforts might be better extended to DNR managed lands.

Apparently you're happy with the standards, and that's fine. It's obvious that other Evans regulars are not. What now? You are operating as usual. They are fighting a loosing battle.

I'M NOT BAGGING ON TRAIL MAINTENANCE!!! OR THOSE THAT PARTICIPATE.

Stop reading into my posts, Ok?:hi:

First of all I too am :booo: that the enterance got groomed, but I for one, have and never will put all I've got into just one trailhead. There is more than one trail to challange (some more than others) at Evans. Is not part of our sport too get out there and explore the back country:rolleyes: Finally :awesomework:, with the CASE onthe 311 enterance, and to the oporator of the KABOTA up on the 520 hope those colverts hold up, and to everone's help in the ( SNOW, ICE & RAIN) that dumped all day. When's the next one,@ Evens?

Would love to join an association that had a finger on the pulse, in fact, I have tried, and my account is still waiting activation through WOW. :) Upon the direction of Gabriel James, I made an account over at WOW about a month ago.

I would love to get in on meetings and formal stuff, but allot of it is not posted here nor over on another board I am on. So, I thought that being on the WOW board could help with having the abilty to show up. However, after waiting this long without an admin allowing me to say anything, I'm a little detered from the board.

Lets get the ball rolling and I am one to friendly speak my mind to officials and ask just those questions about the need for stockers staying out.

What name did you register under on the WOW forum? I don't see anyone named YoMamasTaco.

What gets me about threads like this one is the people bitching about how some things are done but the people bitching never want to be involved or put in the time until after they see something they don't like....You've seen what can happen folks so now what are you going to do? Something like this will for sure happen again, are you going to wait until then and bitch about it after the fact or are you going to be proactive and get involved up front?:corn:

:awesomework:

Are there any meetings on saturdays or even sundays?

Weekends are reserved for work parties, camping & wheeling :beer:

Looks like there is hope for FS land...Rimrock will have a new rock crawl next year:

:beer:

Looks like there is hope for FS land...Rimrock will have a new rock crawl next year:

:beer:

also assistance already promised by the Yakima-based Washington State National Guard 286th Engineers Company.

This is good. These guys have equipment and man power and are all for civil projects that help the public.

Whats it take to look into seeing if these guys (nat gaurd) could be swayed into helping some west siders.

(paging CHANCE) Hey Mr guardsman, what can your guys do to help our cause? You our in with the Nat Guard.

The guard can get donation equipment from the military like search and rescue can.

Need a deuce for work parties? The guard can get donations with priority over other bidders and ORGs.

Its a neat idea but its a little ways away from the camping area and will have limited parking for trailers.

Its a neat idea but its a little ways away from the camping area and will have limited parking for trailers.

At least it proves that the FS is willing to listen & build something for the hardcore folks :awesomework: