• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans Creek Width Restriction...

dirtygoat

It's Official!!!

80" width restriction at Evans Creek ORV Park...

This was stated at tonight's focus group meeting by Bob Pacifico...

The poles that will be installed will be set at 80" apart...

You will have to fit between them to run the trails...

:beer:

I still think it was the right decision. 80" is big enough. I'm willing to bet that 50% of folks that are over the limit will simply be able to swap on some new (different offset or width) wheels and tires (one size smaller) and go hit the trails.......if they really want to wheel Evans.

Now here comes the :76: :blabla: fest.......

That doesn't matter now...

It's 80" and that's that...

I feel that getting 80" rather than 74" is a win...

Will I change things on my rig to wheel Evans??? I don't know...

But 80" is a lot more realistic than 74"...

now if we can just do something about the pesky seaonal closures.

at least let us go hit the roads.. hell event he roads are fun when there is 4-6 feet of snow on them!

This is good news. The majority of the Evans crowd will be pleased.
:awesomework:

This lets us know that the forest service is willing to work with us.
Good job to those that made our vioce heard.

now if we can just do something about the pesky seaonal closures.

at least let us go hit the roads.. hell event he roads are fun when there is 4-6 feet of snow on them!

I was unable to attend the meeting yesterday but I know that last month we had asked Bob what roads would be open to vehicle travel during the winter so we could tell other wheelers where to go when Evans is closed. Can someone who went to the meeting confirm wether or not Bob was able to provide that information and if so what roads are open for snow wheeling?

yes, I have it written down- but at home. I can post later this evening. Bob kept going over what would be closed and we interrupted to ask "maybe you could tell us what will be open?"

:beer:

I still think it was the right decision. 80" is big enough. I'm willing to bet that 50% of folks that are over the limit will simply be able to swap on some new (different offset or width) wheels and tires (one size smaller) and go hit the trails.......if they really want to wheel Evans.

I get it...throw on the cookie cutters...pass the gate....remove cookie cutters and re-install the real tires.:haha:

I get it...throw on the cookie cutters...pass the gate....remove cookie cutters and re-install the real tires.:haha:

I think you mean pizza cutters.

cookie cutters =
karma-sutra-cookie-cutters.jpg

pizza cutters =
gi-metal-pizza-cutter.jpg

I get it...throw on the pizza cutters...pass the gate....remove pizza cutters and re-install the real tires.:haha:

Its easy just pull up to the poles and remove one front tire, put the rotor on a chunk or old wood and drive foward a foot or so, put tire back on.

Repeat for rear tire. Only need to do one side.

Thanks everyone for their efforts, hopefully this will set a standard for other trails in the NW