• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evan's Rock Bouncer Build on Dana 80's with Rockwell outers

motobilt

"I Build Stuff"
A while back a customer dropped off a Jimmy Smith chassis at Motobilt. The chassis was not complete but needed some major changes to suit the customer's need. It's my understanding the chassis was build for someone specifically. Anyway, the customer required larger seats and more head room to be safe. We proceeded with the build. The chassis had the roof and second B pillar removed. The roof was raised in the 6-8" range to make room.

Originally this chassis was built around a TH350 and a NP205. The customer switched to a Reid Racing Super Hydro 400 transmission case (turbo 400 build) and a Trail Worthy HERO transfer case. This in conjunction with needing more roof for the brake and gas pedal we decided to lengthen the chassis 7 inches. As many of you know a rock bouncer has very little room. So we stretched and built a new roof. Once this was complete we started fabricating one off axle trusses for the front and rear steer Dana 80's with Rockwell outers.

The axles have all Ouverson parts internally and hubs. We will be posting more information on this build. be sure to follow us on Instagram where we post a lot of pics of this build and others in the shop. @MotoBilt_inc is the username. https://instagram.com/motobilt_inc/

We will also be making updates to the build here:
Project Rock Bouncer / Motobilt Metal Fabrication Blog Motobilt, Inc.
http://www.motobilt.com/blog/projects/project-rock-bouncer/

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

Seat mounts
IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Re: Evan's Rock Bouncer Build on Dana 80's with Rockwell outers

Glad to see this posted up and moving forward!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really digging the fab work on this.

Any plans to offer the trusses? I need to order one for a super duty 60 soon and that looks like it would fit the bill just fine.