• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Extra cab yota builds!!

I have a 92 SR5 extra cab yota I am turning into a truggy.. biggest issue is my wheel base. I have a 4 link rear and 3 link front. At current mockup I am at 130"-132" wheel base, not sure how its gonna work. Post a couple pics of your rigs with wheel base.

JustifiedCrawler said:
40" tires. Is it long while turning or are you dragging on everything?

Haven't yet made it to a real trail. Got to make the front shaft first. Eye balling my set up I will be sliding the belly all over the place even with 42's and 20" belly height. I'm not so worried about dragging the belly as I am with turning. I see rear steer in my near future!

94' model at 130". I had Toyota duals behind my 22re. When I went to a 6.0/4L80E/Atlas, my front shaft got way short, and my pinion was getting into the pan. I linked the front and pushed the front way out. I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but it climbs pretty damn good. I wouldn't have it any other way. 44" TSL's

88c6078692fc0d677a01df64686d8852.jpg

Where do you have your rear links mounted? I am trying to use a trailgear 4 link cross member but I have it all the way against the cab and have my links cut at 31" for the top and 28" for the bottom as the brackets have 3" offset. I want to try and avoid cutting the cab but don't want my links any shorter. I'll upload a pic tonight of everything mocked up. How does your rig turn? I want to try and avoid 30 point turns...

I was at 120 or so in my yota on 43s. Turning wasnt too bad. When on the trails i was in front wheel drive most of the time. It helped it pull through the tight turns in between obstacles. I loved the wheelbase. Wouldn't go much longer though.

Ditch the TG 4-link crossmemeber and make your own. Add a subframe a few inches below the frame and mount your front and rear lowers off of that. The TG stuff gets you some funky angles.

JustifiedCrawler said:
Where do you have your rear links mounted? I am trying to use a trailgear 4 link cross member but I have it all the way against the cab and have my links cut at 31" for the top and 28" for the bottom as the brackets have 3" offset. I want to try and avoid cutting the cab but don't want my links any shorter. I'll upload a pic tonight of everything mocked up. How does your rig turn? I want to try and avoid 30 point turns...
I'd toss the cross-member. They are a pain to work with. I just have generic single brackets on all 4 frame connections and didn't cut the cab at all. The Barnes4wd brackets should work for you. Mine turns fine, but can be a pain sometimes. I usually just hook my rear tire on a tree or rock, toss it in front dig and let it pull be around the corner. I've ran into an obstacle or two that the belly hung me up pretty bad.

Thanks guys.. I'll have to do some re-thinking on my setup. I got the tg 4 link rear and 3 link front kits cheap. Want to use this setup but I can change things up a bit. I'll post a couple pics of my current set up if I can get my phone to upload them!

My old rig for simple wb references. Tires - 39" Krawlers, closer to the size you say you will be running. Belly height - around 24"

When I first got it, 4 linked rear and leaf sprung front @ 113" wheelbase.

After I got the front end 4 linked and moved out to 118.5" wheelbase. I could tell I drug the bottom a little more often with it nearly 6" longer, but wasn't anything significant. It was a crawling machine.

She'd stretch out plenty and clear just fine.

c0e8c3b6c6e3c2259ce0ffaa951a7d1a.jpg

I'm at 128" wb linked front and rear and I'm running 42" tires. I was worried about it being to long. But after wheeling it real happy with how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustifiedCrawler said:
Here is a current picture of my rear link setup.
Add some tube or frame, and rock it like that. I ran into more issues making things fit in the front.