• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Extra Points If You Can Solve This!

6uldv8

This motor is in a boat but since some of you seem to know so much about them I thought I'd pick your brains. 502 Chevy in a boat application.....fuel line cooler and insulated lines from factory......thing appears to vapor lock and so far no one has been able to straighten it out. Anyone with these late model injected motors had anything similar to this problem in your buggy? Motor runs great for however long you like but if you shut it down you can count on not going anywhere for awhile. Is there a good way to see if it is vapor locked or is there something else obvious that I'm not seeing.

Whats the fuelpump situation on this thing? Similiar thing happens on my dads '99 Chevy pickup. Well maybe the same thing. It was the in tank fuelpump. It would run fine cold, drive it anywhere, but if you shut it off you were screwed for 15-30 minutes. :dunno:

Check the fuel pressure regulator. if it is bad when you shut off your engine it will still bleed flue to the injectors flooding out the engine. One way to tell if this is it is to hold it wide open throttle and crank it over to see if it fires up.

Outstanding input guys! I'm making calls now. It's my brother's boat and I was riding in it Sunday when it was doing this. I told him I knew people that knew people that could help!

if its not fuel related you may want to check the crank sensor.it could be getting heat soaked while engine is off

Wow! That ones over my head but I'll add it to the list! Thanks!

Brother isn't a poor bastard like myself.....he's an older version of MattO....he went ahead and ordered new fuelpump & regulator

6uldv8 said:
he's an older version of MattO....

Why is it always me? :flipoff1: You could use Wyatt, Nolen or hell what about Brian Shirley. They dude has his own plane, 3 rigs and an eleventy billion foot trailer :fish:

Matt O. said:
Why is it always me? :flipoff1: You could use Wyatt, Nolen or hell what about Brian Shirley. They dude has his own 2planes, 3 buggies, several other random rigs and an eleventy billion foot trailer :fish:

Fixxed it for accuracy :flipoff1:

InDaShop said:
Cause you have the McMattsion with in ground po', and a banging buggy.

Says the guy with a house and an offsite shop full of hot rod trucks and cars. Come one man, I have a nice house, used buggy and 2 very average cars. I aint rich by no means.

I also left out John G on my previous list, that guy has more money in toys than anybody I know.

True story at our ride at KOTH course I think Jamie or Amie asked me while we were all eating lunch how was it like to be rich, I responded I dont' know ask John. :flipoff1:

Matt O. said:
True story at our ride at KOTH course I think Jamie or Amie asked me while we were all eating lunch how was it like to be rich, I responded I dont' know ask John. :flipoff1:

I will say, that was funny as ****... laughing1

average cars.... sheeeeit son , which ones this year have you owned do you consider average ? :flipoff1:

06 Dodge Hemi value of less than 20k and a 04 Audi A6 about the same price. Nothing fancy, both well used and pretty plain.

Don't get me started you rich fawks.

I need to find a hot, rich, blind and deaf chick so I can have cool ****. I'd settle for the first two though. molaugh

Bones said:

I need to find a hot, rich, blind and deaf chick so I can have cool ****. I'd settle for the first two though. molaugh

I bet you make close to double what I do ass hat... if you werent such a drunkard thats addicted to motorcycles and bad decisions youd have all sorts of cool toys ! laughing1

( oh ****, im a drunkard that loves motorcycles and makes bad decisions... dammit I could have more toys too !!! :flipoff1: )

Bones said:

bones you are homoghey. You could have nice little sled like Jrich to pull some trim instead of that gay ass Suziki :flipoff1: Homo.

I can't afford a bimmer plain and simple. Plus it has no practicality up here IMO. God I am getting old. :-[

But I have a garage loaded with bikes and other **** I can get hurt on and not appear soooo ghey :flipgotcha: