• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

EZValley Connector gate

jam session

We were up at Walker today and drove around the gate on the forest road just off Walker Valley mainline to access EZValley and the other trails. It didn't feel right going around the gate but there were no signs or any other indication (except the gate) that the trail was closed and the bypass has obviously been used. Is this ok? There were some obvious signs along the way of other trails that were closed (new barricade on the forest road just past EZ and another one near the top) and we knew about the mainline closure on the west side so did the mainline/expressway loop that I though was still ok. One of the guys on our run today had followed a group through the west side barricades a few weeks ago. They had a lot of trouble getting out but didn't know any better. I think DNR needs to do a better job putting signs at these places to indicate what is ok and what is not.

Did you hurt anyone? Light the woods on fire? Kill a busload of nuns?

If none of the above then continue to enjoy the woods.

That is the Gatekeeper...if you want to call it that. It used to be more difficult, but a couple of the rocks got loose and went away... When the gate's closed, that is the right way to access the trails there...

That's what I figured, thanks for the clarification. Why do they close the gate if it is still ok to be in there? How do they expect someone to know what areas are closed and what are open? It is ok to go around this gate but not the one at the top of the mainline. How would anyone know that? No wonder people broke through that one. All it would take is a sign that says open or closed for ORV access. I'm just trying to be a responsible wheeler and keep these areas open and this is just a suggestion.

From what I heard the gate is closed to keep riff raff out and access for capable rigs. The gate has been open for quite a while now but needs to be closed again with the gate keeper redone.

DNR won't close the gate until logging is done in that area. That is slated for sometime next spring.

is it closed/locked? I know people have 'shut' it from time to time, but usually wasn't locked.

That is great news if its the case! many people have been partying up at the end of the road. Either way, the 'go around' is pretty tame

Yes it was chained and padlocked. And yes it wasn't hard to get around, I just didn't know that was ok given the various closures up there this year. Forgot to mention, the end of the road is now just past the EZValley turn off.... Jersey barriers and signs that say no ORV access. That's what is needed at the top of the mainline.

Last edited: