• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

F/S Has Handed Down Trial Restrictions...

I'm going to play stupid. I don't think they will bother me if I have mudflaps on and am not tearing **** up. If I get a ticket, I get a ticket. That'll be my deciding factor if I stay in this jeep or get a UTV.

While this info is not new (it's been out for a month or so) it does lead me to a question:

Why is it taking so long for someone to get a ticket (or at least a warning) and reporting their experience on the Internet?

The restrictions have been set (long ago, I know) and clarified. It's plain as day (for someone informed). While I'm not hopeful someone gets nailed (ok, I am:D) is this even being enforced? Apparently not.......and I'm not sure how to feel about that.:scratchhead:

While this info is not new (it's been out for a month or so) it does lead me to a question:

Why is it taking so long for someone to get a ticket (or at least a warning) and reporting their experience on the Internet?

The restrictions have been set (long ago, I know) and clarified. It's plain as day (for someone informed). While I'm not hopeful someone gets nailed (ok, I am:D) is this even being enforced? Apparently not.......and I'm not sure how to feel about that.:scratchhead:

It's kinda like voting in an HOA... May need to get everything in place before you start enforcing the approved house colors or unsightly vehicles... Make sure the ones that are behind the regulations are within compliance... To be truthful, I have no idea...

But, if you remodel your living room and change the rules about shoes or drinks, how long before you think about remodeling the rest of the house???

I'm going to play stupid. I don't think they will bother me if I have mudflaps on and am not tearing **** up. If I get a ticket, I get a ticket. That'll be my deciding factor if I stay in this jeep or get a UTV.

I think that is exactly why they have set the new rules about maps. I don't think they want to give people the "play stupid" defense out of a ticket anymore.

I could be wrong because as :rb:$$ stated, there hasn't been any reports of people being hassled.

All it takes is one cop to have a hardon for this though and it's all over. There was a cop in Naches over the last few years that was relentless to guys with plated dirtbikes that had plastic gas tanks. He wrote tickets for improper equipment all day. Luckily he finally moved on...

There was a cop in Naches over the last few years that was relentless to guys with plated dirtbikes that had plastic gas tanks. He wrote tickets for improper equipment all day. Luckily he finally moved on...

i would tell that cop to go f**k off and sue for harassment, if it got plated then its legal, if you bring it form Oregon and plate it as a dual sport then the system is flawed and its their fault so they can go f off

you can also buy a plastic tanked dual sport in renton btw

i'm seriously getting really ****ing tired of all these restrictions.

land of the free my ****ing ass.

i'm going to go piss on a cop car really soon.

whats going to happen up at reiter?
I bet that 85% or more of the volunteers have rigs over 75" wide.
they are going to help get it opened only to be banned from wheeling there.

this **** really has to stop.

i would tell that cop to go f**k off and sue for harassment, if it got plated then its legal, if you bring it form Oregon and plate it as a dual sport then the system is flawed and its their fault so they can go f off

you can also buy a plastic tanked dual sport in renton btw

it is true about the steel gas tank....usually they look the other way..

i read that entire thread on PNW.
they all keep saying.. but its only 1 trail.

the problem is.. its not only 1 trail, now its um.. crap, how many trails at evans?
and in the naches area?
i can't wait till every jeep with a scout D44 can't go on any trails.

i read that entire thread on PNW.
they all keep saying.. but its only 1 trail.

the problem is.. its not only 1 trail, now its um.. crap, how many trails at evans?
and in the naches area?
i can't wait till every jeep with a scout D44 can't go on any trails.

It's only one trail now but just wait, they have said they weren't behind the width restrictions from the start, but anyone that has been around knows that the majority of the PNW4WDA is in favor of width restrictions and it will happen to all FS trails eventually.

i'm seriously getting really ****ing tired of all these restrictions.

land of the free my ****ing ass.

i'm going to go piss on a cop car really soon.

whats going to happen up at reiter?
I bet that 85% or more of the volunteers have rigs over 75" wide.
they are going to help get it opened only to be banned from wheeling there.

this **** really has to stop.

Reiter is on DNR land not FS...

It's only one trail now but just wait, they have said they weren't behind the width restrictions from the start, but anyone that has been around knows that the majority of the PNW4WDA is in favor of width restrictions and it will happen to all FS trails eventually.

I agree...

The shitty thing is, the users that feel there is no problem with these restrictions because they are within the measurements, don't realize that it may come to a point where they to could be affected... Whether it be lack of support from other users that are no longer allowed on said trails or new rules getting implemented later down the road...

No matter how careful you are, you'll eventually get burned if you play with fire...

To me, this is just like cutting off your nose to spite your face...

I agree...

The shitty thing is, the users that feel there is no problem with these restrictions because they are within the measurements, don't realize that it may come to a point where they to could be affected... Whether it be lack of support from other users that are no longer allowed on said trails or new rules getting implemented later down the road...

No matter how careful you are, you'll eventually get burned if you play with fire...

Im wood over on the pnw forum. I do fit and I do have a problem with these restrictions for all of the reasons you listed above.

At least restrictions handeled like these. I feel "gatekeepers" that give an actual represtation of the trails is a far better way of handling things

Last edited:
I agree...

Its that whole not me attitude.

THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Same thing.

They came for the guys building trails
They came for the buggy guys.
They came for the wide and long trail rigs.
they closed everything.

Its that whole not me attitude.

THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Same thing.

They came for the guys building trails
They came for the buggy guys.
They came for the wide and long trail rigs.
they closed everything.

I agree that this is a problem...

Here's something I posted on the WOW board... I feel it may need to be said over here as well...

To be honest, I don't have an answer for you...

But, what we as users didn't do to get more involved earlier and sway the thoughts and perception of the FS is a direct result of what is happening...

Like I said on the NWW board... If you want it, fight for it...

You don't have to have all the answers or a grand plan... Just be as involved as you can... Make an effort... Let your voice be heard...

If you yell in an empty room, it doesn't matter what you are saying because no one is there to hear you...

If you speak softly in a crowded room, only the ones closest to you will hear...

Making your way around the room and speaking face to face with everyone is the only way to ensure that you've been heard by all... It takes a little more time and effort, but the end result is much greater...

Dirk is a great example of this... He has been making his way around the "room" and speaking face to face with who ever will listen... Everyone should be following his lead, myself included...

they have said they weren't behind the width restrictions from the start, but anyone that has been around knows that the majority of the PNW4WDA is in favor of width restrictions

Again I've been around for a long time and this is not accurate. I know for a fact the PNW has been trying to get the width restriction made wider.
Yes it will happen to all FS trails.

I've been promised a lot of things in life and never received such promises...

If you are given the "go ahead" to enforce, then you can enforce as the law is written...

As I see it, the law is in place and there are measures being put in place to enforce it as written...

I hope I'm wrong...

What I meant by "for the time being" is soon other forests will be bringing their new forest plan into play. Some may do it the same way some may pick another way:eeek:

From now on I shall consider the Forest Service an enemy of America and the freedom it is supposed to represent.

Latest posts