• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

F/S Has Handed Down Trial Restrictions...

The first link you list shows the restriction right there on the bottom of the page.

i know this.

go to teh FS web site, recreation, evans creek.

it shows the SECOND one.

The only way i could find the one with restrictions, was from the LINK in this thread
and it is also under projects.

joe blow would never find the one with restrictions.

Your correct. But when I talked to bob I specificly asked him if the measurement was from outside of tire and he said yes. They do need to clarify this somewhere in writting.

Maybe you should of put it to him as 'per the existing measurement hub to hub...' does this still apply? I'd even be in then :awesomework:

Well I have a simple question...

I have never been to Evans before, odd but true. I am hoping to take my recently re-configured rig out for an easy shakedown run. I thought I would hit Walker or Evans.

If I recall I am like 82" in the front...

Does this mean that I am not allowed to take my wife and two kids out for the day at Evans legally?

I have never been to Evans before, odd but true. I am hoping to take my recently re-configured rig out for an easy shakedown run. I thought I would hit Walker or Evans.

Does this mean that I am not allowed to take my wife and two kids out for the day at Evans legally?

Yes, that is exactly what it means.

I didn't run into anyone enforcing it. There was a few spots that was a littlel tight for me, but I easily made it through. I'm at 78"

Yes you're illegal at Evans so if it were me I would go to Walker.

I go up to Evans almost every weekend and regularly see rigs wider than 72". I am at 74" when aired down. The width restriction rule has always been in place there, but does not seem to be enforced. I have yet to see or hear about anyone getting a ticket or even a warning for being too wide at Evans. If anyone on here knows about someone who has been warned or ticketed for being too wide at Evans, please let us know. Until they start enforcing the rule I am going to keep on wheeling Evans at my current width.

I go up to Evans almost every weekend and regularly see rigs wider than 72". I am at 74" when aired down. The width restriction rule has always been in place there, but does not seem to be enforced. I have yet to see or hear about anyone getting a ticket or even a warning for being too wide at Evans. If anyone on here knows about someone who has been warned or ticketed for being too wide at Evans, please let us know. Until they start enforcing the rule I am going to keep on wheeling Evans at my current width.

Please see post #41 :awesomework:

Re-read this thread. The question you have asked, has already been; and the info you seek is there.

this again shows ignorance.
i have full width axles, and i'm the same width as you are.
Unless 70's F150 axles are not considered full width.

so if you are not on full width axles and yo are 78" wide, then obviosly your tires are too big.:eeek:

Well forgive my ignorance and educate me.

What size tires, wheels, and offset are you running to achieve 78" on FW axles?

I am that wide & run the following:
  • full width SRW chev dana 60 front
  • full width 14 bolt
  • stock dodge wheels...17x9 with TR beadlocks (6" backspacing)
  • 40 inch tires
  • front is about 78
  • rear is about 76

IMG_6948.jpg

The hubs stick out a bit, so I prefer to run 1 inch wheel spacers...bumps me out to 80 in the front.

:beer:

70's Ford fronts are 65" wide if I recall. Dodge was usualy 67" and GM 69". You can use factory heels and get what you want. Such as using newer factory GM 8 lug 17x8's with 5" backspacing on a dodge axle will be 73" wide then just fugure tire fatness into it and you'll have it. You can also use a GM axle and new dodge 17x8" wheels with 6" backspacing to get the same width. :D

I must be measuring differently than you guys are then. Sorry for the hijack back to topic.

:awesomework:

The problem lies with generalizations.

full width fs should not be allowed? but your "jeep" (for lack of a better word) with wider tires and different back spaceing to get the same width should be allowed.

My front end is a stock HPD44 with 7" wheels, on beadlocks (makes them about 8" with 4" backupsace i belive.
38x12.5 Sx's

eolbe20fun20run20019.jpg
:beer:

Please see post #41 :awesomework:

Thanks Pokey, I somehow missed that post. That is interesting. Do you have any more details? How wide was the buggy, did they pull tape, has anyone else in any other type of rig gotten a warning? Maybe all they are doing is giving verbal warnings to rigs that are obviously too wide. I would just like to know for sure if they are going to start seriously enforcing this or not, and if so how they plan on doing it. It has always been the rule up there, but has been largely ignored by the LEOs. I wonder if this is just web wheelers blowing things out of proportion or if they are going to actually start inforcing a rule they have been ignoring for years.

I wonder if this is just web wheelers blowing things out of proportion.....

Folks doing this, has been done before. And it's possible this could be another case. But don't use this cop-out to ignore the truth......things are changing on USFS Land.

Taken (out of context) from the (referred) PNW thread, posted by Merrick Graves: "As seen with the new Travel Management Vehicle Road maps in the Mt Baker/Snoqualmie the requirement for signs will soon go away when the Okonogan/Wenatchee implements the Travel Management plan."

I take from this; the USFS must get their ducks in a row and only THEN will you see enforcement of width restrictions, the "have a map with you" rule, seasonal closures, etc. in all districts.

DON'T TAKE THIS STUFF LIGHTLY.

Last edited:
Folks doing this, has been done before. And it's possible this could be another case. But don't use this cop-out to ignore the truth......things are changing on USFS Land.

Taken (out of context) from the (referred) PNW thread, posted by Merrick Graves: "As seen with the new Travel Management Vehicle Road maps in the Mt Baker/Snoqualmie the requirement for signs will soon go away when the Okonogan/Wenatchee implements the Travel Management plan."

I take from this; the USFS must get their ducks in a row and only THEN will you see enforcement of width restrictions, the "have a map with you" rule, seasonal closures, etc. in all districts.

DON'T TAKE THIS STUFF LIGHTLY.

Yes! It's going to happen in the Okonagan-Wenatchee and it's scheduled to happen next spring.:mad:

Latest posts