• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Factory wheels beadlocked?

87_bigbadzuk

Searching around for wheels. I came across OMF and I see they are beadlocking factory aluminum wheels. Looks like they are just welding the inner plate on just like you do a steel wheel. Has anyone done this? I was thinking a set of Chevy or dodge factory 17 inch wheels in the 8x6.5 flavor.

Watch out for the massive backspacing on the dodge 17s. If you have a dana 60 front, the hub will stick out like a sore **** and hit everything on the trail while youre wheeling.

I found an article on how it's done. Looks like they mill off the outer lip then mill a groove on the face for the tip of the bolts then mig the inner ring on. Seems doable without a mill though.

the_white_shadow said:
Watch out for the massive backspacing on the dodge 17s. If you have a dana 60 front, the hub will stick out like a sore **** and hit everything on the trail while youre wheeling.
Truth

Also be mindful of shipping costs there and back. I had some near freebies fall in my lap and it was still cheaper to buy new than ship there and back and have them made.