• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fancy breather things...

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So where are you guys getting those fancy self contained diff breathers? I know jeepmauler runs them---but they look like an accordian.

And how well do they work?

PSC, but i know mauler got his (and mine) through lynnwood motoplex. Ill have to look for a part number for it, it comes on an older quad if I remember right

PSC, but i know mauler got his (and mine) through lynnwood motoplex. Ill have to look for a part number for it, it comes on an older quad if I remember right

Does it work pretty good?

And trying to see if I can simplify robins rig--take out 15ft of breather hose :redneck:

As Jonathon said...I got them at Lynwood Motoplex.......The ones Myself and jonathon have are from a (IIRC) a polaris quad and they call it a "Bellow"

The part # is 705400352

Motoplex is a block from my house and I'd be happy to run down and order/pick you up some

As Jonathon said...I got them at Lynwood Motoplex.......The ones Myself and jonathon have are from a (IIRC) a polaris quad and they call it a "Bellow"

The part # is 705400352

Motoplex is a block from my house and I'd be happy to run down and order/pick you up some

Awsome--thanks jeff. Also what size nipple do they fit?

I will talk with robin and see if he wants to go that way....

They work killer on axles. They didnt expand enough to run directly off the T case. BUT if you can a length of hose before the bellow I think it would be enough area to take up the fluid or gas

Also what size nipple do they fit?...

ummm.........the size nipple sticking out my diffs?

seems like it's a .25" nipple thingy....I have mine "secured" onto the nipple with a zip tie drawn tight.The only "problem" with the bellows is the pressure never bleeds out of the axle and if you have a leak(like a pissed off plug weld)...the slight pressure will weep oil till the pressure equalizes.....not really a big deal

Remember, I'm venting 2 portals and the axle through one hose. i'm thining the accordian style will not have enough volume for the portals.

At any speed the portals really heat up. I prefer running 20 more feet of hose.

looks cool, are they durable? ive been running heater hose looped up high on the fire wall and through the tub, seems to work pretty good, am i really that much of a hick hahahaha, am i the only one? seemed like a good idea:beer:

The breathers I posted a part number for are VERY durable..they are white in color and are made of thick rubber.The black ones (that I've used) are made of a thin plastic and are more friable and seem to crack at the folds...they(black ones) don't like welding spatter either.

I used to work at motoplex sadly enough. They are about 11 dollars each and the good rubber ones come on the big 4x4 can am 650 and 800 quads

You can get these for 11 bones at a suzuki dealer near you.

Last edited: