• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Favorite mufflers

whiskeymakin

whats everybodys opinion on the best sounding setup???
1 chamber flow, 2 chamber, dynomax, nothin at all, etc...

magnaflow, hands down... quiet enough to hear a spotter, plenty of sound when in the gas... whatever you do, make sure there is a crossover...

P said:
1 chamber ..................... laughing1 Please dont make baby Jesus cry ! :flipoff1:

God thats horrible.

amen... i tell people everyday that sound and noise are not the same thing... i can make a log splitter noisy, but that doesnt mean it sounds good....

I have a magnaflow and I like it. Just like Jimmy said quiet when you need it, loud when you mash it

you know you are from alabama when you refer to pressing the accelerator as "mashing"...

hooker aero chamber ftw. i like the edelbrock sdt also. it all depends on what kinda sound your lookin for. either chambered or straight through flow. for you to even mention one chambers and two chambers and not a 3 chamber or the other longer flows you must be wanting something loud. i have a set of 2.5" one chambers (10 series flowmaster) with the outlet cut out to about 3.5" with 4" tips welded to the end of them under an old truck with a stock 350 and yes its VERY loud and the tips just echos the loudness effect. it just makes you want to stay on the throttle all the time and you cant just take it easy because its so loud you just want to mash it lol. it does get annoying but i dont hardly ever drive the thing and they sound good but i have considered going to something like a single 3" with a 3 chamber or a hooker aerochamber but just havent yet. i had a set of one chambers on a stock 5.3 truck and really they werent any louder than when the truck had 2 chambers on it. i have heard one chambers on other things that had 2 chambers before that and imo they werent hardly any louder or if any louder with the one chambers. guess it depends on the engine, tailpipes, turndowns, pipe size, etc. and yes like draggbody said use an x pipe or h pipe

what if you arent doin "true" duals? my exhaust crosses under the bellhousing into a Y-pipe then out to a FM40. I am going to be doin some work to my rig and I think I will be redoing the exhaust. I have also been thinking about a different muffler. I like the FM, but it is loud when you mash the gas....
you guys that are running the magnaflow, do you have any vids of your rig with you idling and on the throttle?

Magnaflow on both my rigs. I hated the sound of the Hushpower by Flowmaster, but have a set I have taken oiff.

1TONZR2 said:
what if you arent doin "true" duals? my exhaust crosses under the bellhousing into a Y-pipe then out to a FM40. I am going to be doin some work to my rig and I think I will be redoing the exhaust. I have also been thinking about a different muffler. I like the FM, but it is loud when you mash the gas....
you guys that are running the magnaflow, do you have any vids of your rig with you idling and on the throttle?

my buggy has headers w/ dual 3" mandrel bent pipe, they run into a dual inlet/ dual outlet magnaflow that has an integrated X-pipe.... here is a video of my buggy on v notch prior to learning my editing software so there are plenty of full throttle hits as well as lots of idleing and the exhaust is towards the camera...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yg57ALV8WGU

damn, that does sound good. not annoying at idle and has a nice rumble when its time to open it up. I dont know if I would have enough room for duals on mine. prolly just do 3" 2.5 to the Y-pipe then 3" out

since ya'll brought this up what about a muffler for a 4cyl (got a 22r in my yota) been looking for one thats got a little deeper sound than the cherrybomb thats on it now (i know its a 4cyl they dont get deep ).

yea i like it loud when you mash on it. and like to hear it "count em off" with a good cam. i think cameron had 1 chamber flows on his rig, didn he? but that is also a big block. i like the way it sounded. i guess everybody has there own likes/dislikes. im going to try 1 chambers for now, we'll see :dunno:

I like the magnaflow on my 6.0. Pretty quiet, its just so big its hard to package in a buggy, but I wanted to be able to hear myself instead of the exhaust. i run 3" to a Y then into the MF and single out the back.

I like the Magnaflow that Jimmy has and the one that he put on my buggy a lot. I also agree that there is a difference between sound and noise like he said. I have to say though that I like the super-aggressive rev that docrocks has with his dynomax straight through's on his moon buggy better. You can hear how you can still hear a spooter but then as soon as he touches the gas it gets angry as hell. Some may think its annoying but i lvoe it: http://www.andymace.com/quickclip.mpg (Save as.) In fact, I can't stop watching that video.

J. J.

whiskeymakin said:
i guess everybody has there own likes/dislikes. im going to try 1 chambers for now, we'll see :dunno:

Sounds like you already had your mind made up when you posted. Everyone downed the Flowmaster singel chambers and liked the Magnaflows.

Anything else you have your mind may up about we can help with :flipoff1:

jr, those mufflers are not very durable... the stainless is VERY thin and it is fuse welded around the edges... the magnaflow uses identical internal construction and is cheaper and way more durable...

draggbody said:
jr, those mufflers are not very durable... the stainless is VERY thin and it is fuse welded around the edges... the magnaflow uses identical internal construction and is cheaper and way more durable...
will the magnaflow sound about the same?