• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Favorite Ride ya had this year?

jrhall

Rock bouncing mud whomper
As the year draws down to a close, so what was everyones favorite rides this year? Doesnt matter where or who was all there.. Just lookin for good storys from this past year..

Ima have to say that mine was in early April with jojo and crew near winchester, Tn... It was just some awesome rain wheelin in the best creekbeds around....

and also Fall Crawl... Everybody was just there to have a good time. It was the first time for me to really learn to rockbounce and such.
both of those rides were nothin but pure fun and no breakage.

(started this thread to show how appreciative i am that im still able to be in the hobby)

carry on :popcorn:

'Tis the season to get sentimental ' :flipoff1:

Man thats a really tough one. Finished my buggy in April and have averaged 2 rides a month since . I got to wheel alot this year and with a lot of great people that I hadnt had the priviledge to wheel with before. Im really really looking forward to 09 and all the great wheeling options that all of us in this area have now with all the great new parks opening and so forth. While most people are loosing riding places seems we continue to grow down here and we are lucky for that no doubt !!

OK on to the question at hand... Hmmmm

The Grayrock XRRA Race , even though I wasnt anywere near having the buggy ready, nor did I perform worth a damn at all it was a great weekend and experience that I got to share with ALOT of people and Ill always remember it. Just the fact that I was ready to throw the towel in and not even try one week prior , only to have my friends and people around me rally and help me make it to that starting line made the world to me personally. It re-affirmed why I was initially drawn into this hobby . I've meet most of you and my friends through wheeling and I still maintain as a collective whole some of the best guys in the world are wheelers. I spent every dollar I had, didnt get any rest for a month, and so many other things... but in the end once I got settled down and focused the bigger picture came to light. I just wanted more than anything to stick to my word and my plan and make it to that race and at least get the buggy there and across the starting line once the light turned green. And with the help of so many people around me and on these very forum's we made that happen. :afro:

OK on to actual wheeling cause what I did at Grayrock XRRA was a joke and surely didnt show any of my or my buggies capabilities.... laughing1 Im still sorting the rig, but Harlan was a blast !! The Mud Devil's are all great guys too and with the night riding, the access trail banzai running and trails available at Harlan it would be stupid not to mention this trip, it was great !!

"Monteagle" was a fun one for me also. The wife was present, the terrain was really cool and we wheeled with another great group of people and had a good turnout from the Club Member's as well. Made some good wheeling friends with that trip too I feel ! thumb.gif

Also had a blast at MMORV Hardline Open ride.. wife was there and we got to hit some sweet trails and for once it wasnt horribly sloppy so weather did us right up there !

Hell man, if i go on anymore Ill end up posting everytrip I had this year Ill stop there. molaugh

my choices are limited. ****, I rec wheeled like 2 times. raced the rest.
given that, I'd say MM open ride. only make 1 trip there this year. I don't think it was crazy badass ride, it was just all I got to go do.
racing......yeah, the badlands was a blast. the course was weak, but we got some attention on us with wyatt's bad driving and me making a farily quick lap. that ****'s a rush

I would say February Frenzy and Harlan where my absolute favorites.
Hopefully next year I will get to wheel my own Buggy :drinkers:

Clayton was the best for me. 3.5 days of riding some of the hardest trails in the country. Last ride in the TJ.

Harlan was a blast, Cole and I rode day and night and the Mud Devils are always a blast.

Monteagle. Had the dog and the wife with me, lots of fun wheeling with EOR!

Mountainside swap meet for me had P, Haley, and Jrich telling me how to climb the hill at the mud pit... good times :drinkers: or not really a ride but the Morris Mt. clean up day me and Jimmy going way to fast down Randys driveway in the golf cart and almost yard selling it.

I would have to say fall for all met a lot of new people and even though the massive crowd only allowed me 5 climbs everybody let it all hang out

Sorry, even though I haven't gone that much this year (only about 15 trips) I can't pick just one. Every trip to Clayton is fun. Every time we go to HotSprings, I enjoy sitting around the campfire as much as I enjoy the wheelin. I made my first trip to Katemcy this year, which was a blast. I have had the pleasure to wheel with a bunch of different people and rigs this year. Each trip has had it own great points, for many different reasons. Even my worst trip of the year was fun. I guess thats why I enjoy this hobby so much. thumb.gif

David said:
Sorry, even though I haven't gone that much this year (only about 15 trips) I can't pick just one. Every trip to Clayton is fun. Every time we go to HotSprings, I enjoy sitting around the campfire as much as I enjoy the wheelin. I made my first trip to Katemcy this year, which was a blast. I have had the pleasure to wheel with a bunch of different people and rigs this year. Each trip has had it own great points, for many different reasons. Even my worst trip of the year was fun. I guess thats why I enjoy this hobby so much. thumb.gif

Exactly why I stopped typin when I did ! laughing1 thumb.gif

Hardline ride at KOTH course popped into my head first. Almost all our members (at the time) and we all had a good time wheelin' and trash talking eachother all day.

June Jam at Gray Rock was another I loved. Not just for the wheelin', but hanging with friends and having a good time. Wheeled all day then partied at night at the Brown Compound, watching Woodlee going THROUGH a trampoline was definately quality entertainment!

I would have to say my trip to Coal Creek.....great wheeling, decent weather and some unforgettable memories for sure. looking forward to going back there.

Harlan in Oct....best wheelin weather EVER....worst wheelin for my rig....busted 2 t-cases and spent all night working on it. awesome park and was great to meet some old friends up there. definately a place to go back to.

Brian

Didn't get my junk finished for any rides this year but rode shotty for a number of runs...looking forward to a good 09 season.

Fall Crawl was a blast...even though I spent more time working on SPOA87YJ's junk than riding, the fun never stopped out in the event field.

The trip with the mud devils and hardline was fun for me but my rig kept breaking. The next week I went back to Harlan with ncttora and had my best ride of the year. The group moved fast, I ran cream puff for the first time, and generally ran as many harlan miles as I could handle.

My best wheelin trip was pulling my rig out of the garage under it's own power for the first time. It was good to get back on the trails and do alittle wheelin. I've only went on about 3 trips, but they were all worth their weight in gold. I guess my favorite was Shamrock, even though I was rig less. It was great just hanging out and talking alittle **** with everyone.

My favorite trip was a low key trip to Tuttle... the trip my pass side cab got all fawk'd... I hauled my friend Ryan's cherokee and my rig which at the time was on 35's... We met up with some old friends and had a great time---especially for a random day trip thumb.gif Holler'd at some pizza shuttle on the way back thru Manhattan... MMM MMM!

Also great memory from last year was my 2 week build of my pickup... We pulled an all-nighter friday and leave for frostbite at 7:00AM saturday morning... bled the brakes in the parking lot out there and ran an open header all day (really smart in cold weather)... had exhaust coming in the cab like crazy, (got dizzy a few times)... I had Matt get out and shove a rag in the header every time I'd go to shut the motor off so we could keep the cold air from rushing up and warping the valves.. goood times.. I was so tired from a staying up till 3AM working on the truck every night and then working full days at work.. then repeating... friday all nighter and sat wheelinn' all day.... on the way driving home I had to switch drivers I was hallucinating things. I told matt "is that a rolled over car in the ditch" then we'd get closer and it'd be a snow drift.... it was bad! I dont think a trip home has felt so fast I was knock'd the f out!

MUCHADO said:
My favorite trip was a low key trip to Tuttle... the trip my pass side cab got all fawk'd... I hauled my friend Ryan's cherokee and my rig which at the time was on 35's... We met up with some old friends and had a great time---especially for a random day trip thumb.gif Holler'd at some pizza shuttle on the way back thru Manhattan... MMM MMM!

Also great memory from last year was my 2 week build of my pickup... We pulled an all-nighter friday and leave for frostbite at 7:00AM saturday morning... bled the brakes in the parking lot out there and ran an open header all day (really smart in cold weather)... had exhaust coming in the cab like crazy, (got dizzy a few times)... I had Matt get out and shove a rag in the header every time I'd go to shut the motor off so we could keep the cold air from rushing up and warping the valves.. goood times.. I was so tired from a staying up till 3AM working on the truck every night and then working full days at work.. then repeating... friday all nighter and sat wheelinn' all day.... on the way driving home I had to switch drivers I was hallucinating things. I told matt "is that a rolled over car in the ditch" then we'd get closer and it'd be a snow drift.... it was bad! I dont think a trip home has felt so fast I was knock'd the f out!
the all nighter ****, I totally feel you. before hannibal we were in the shop til 2 every night and I was going to work at 6 the next morning, so about 3 hours of sleep with getting home, showering, pakcing lunch, and got ass 1 of those nights :woody: laughing1 Its what makes it memorable. if it were easy, everyone would do it.

Ya Kelly you made that night a success IMO..

Matt didn't have **** to do and I told him "while im at work if you'll mount the seats I'll pay you"... Of course dude has no job but also no motivation to move a finger---money doesnt motivate laughing1.. so Kelly came up with a simple way to mount the seats and wabam! we were in biz-nasss.... that night was so fawked I cant believe we actually wheel'd the next day! those P-I-M-P square driveshafts were done that night... **** alot of stuff. laughing1

I guess if I have to single one out it would be the July trip to Clayton. Being the first to run a trail was a blast. Very memorable.

Took a trip to the Superlift park in Hot Springs, AR. We showed up 4 days after Hurricane Gustav came through, so the park was pretty torn up. Luckily for us that meant the park was empty. We essentially had free reign on any trail we wanted the whole weekend. We did true "back-woods" style camping 'cause the didn't have power for half the weekend (no power means no water well pump out there).

It was a lot of fun, and I'll definitely be going back there.

I would have to say June jam was a good one this year - I got so damn sun burned I had to sneak up on the shower water laughing1