So in case anyone was curious to what the real numbers are on a mild built 5.7, check out the graph. We put down just over 300 hp to the tires and 290lb-ft of torque. We were running out of fuel pressure on the big end so that cost us a little, cure for that will be an in take pump Lane recommended. Lane says given the 1/4 wall drive shafts, big tires, auto trans, and all the gearing there is considerable loss of Hp...maybe as much as 50-60%. Taking into consideration "if" we are losing as much as 60% that puts us just shy of 500hp at the crank.
For me its plenty of motor and I have never been concerned about HP numbers but more focused on it doing what I want and being reliable. That being said...I feel like those are good numbers for a stock displacement NA motor. Hope this helps someone else out with what to expect with something similar.
Thanks guys, its only that tiny cause ray is that short
its real close to 48" wide at the rocker, and 52ish at the shoulder, 115" wheelbase, bumper is just about inline with the front of the artec ram mount on the axle
It ended up weighing 4065 with the big ass swampers on it. A set of 39/40s would put it well into the 3900lb range 51front49rear split and just a hair heavy on the front right cause of the chunk.
Sooo..changed a few spots after i took it out for a flippy flop or 3...hopefully ray dont hate me that much for it. It was well into the 3800lb range with the old krt-b tires headed south to race with bnt racing.
173lb per kmc and 43 sx vs 119 per krt-b and trailreadys
Tossed a nasty branik 35 spline bar on the rear to lock it down better than the antirock... found out the heavy 1.250 is not the diameter you want with short arms on the trailing arm. Top notch work on the bar and weld bungs from stan, i did the bad looking stuff on the arms and end links
Tossed all this together to make the race at ocala, small time testing on the swaybar and tires made for an interesting time letting it rip for prerun practice Saturday morning with very few around.
Short story..i rolled the **** outta it with out my helmet. Soon as i was back home in the shop, ray hauled the buggy back over so i could fix my duck up.
Buggy faired far better then i did, couple big rolls and a hard hit to the driver shoulder. Pulled plugs,pushed 1 cylinder of oil and it fired up first hit.
First things first...big nope to the 1.250 diameter, headed to 1.0625 for first actual testing.
Chopped the few tubes out that got hurt in the roll, nothing crazy here just bugs me if its off a lil.
New bpillar,door bars, couple in the way tubes. Bpillar took the hit, door bars could have probably lived on but i was chopping already
And here we are, 2 weeks..ish, now i weld stuff, pop some tabs in place and on goes some steelit. Point taken..even with a buggy built to keep your head away from tubes...the helmet helps with outside stuff either way.
All good here thankfully, decent hit to my head that resulted in a hospital vacation for something around 20 hours, everything is doing well for what happened. Was ready to leave the next day once i got awake and grumpy. I got selfies but i'm lazy, decent swelling to my driver side head, went down within a few days leaving just a lil soreness round my driver eye. This point has everything trued up and in check much better then 2 weeks ago
clipped around a corner in highrange and it didnt like the super locked down sway bar swap. 7 or 8 turns into to the course and she went sailing for 3 flippies. Buggy handled it well for how bad it was, not the first or last time ill be chopping a couple dinked tubes out.
Here are some related products that HardlineCrawlers members are talking about.
Clicking on a product will take you to HardlineCrawlers’s partner,
where you can find links to HardlineCrawlers discussions about these products.