• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Flex!!!

jeepmauler said:
Nigga pleeze......................yer my buddy.....admit it.....:flipoff:

I don't know what you been smokin but I wouldn't drag your busted ass out off trail even if you had hot naked chicks in the rig :flipoff:

TRUCKIN6382

Think of it this way. 2 equally lifted xj's with same tires, lift, etc.

1 with swaybars connected f/r and a rear locker

1 with no swaybars and no lockers.

I'd bet the 1st would outperform the latter. And hold up better due to slower speeds with less throttle to clear obstacles.

I think many seasoned wheelers here would agree.
Point is i'd pick a single locker over flex

ok this post is going kinda like i thought, honest.
my rig is more capable now then when these pics were taken,but i like what im reading.

so here is my next question. i have a detroit in the rear,but im open up front still.
so whats the benifits of throwing my locked 3rd upfront,and getting a spool or welding the open one,and throwing it in the rear. i know better traction right, but i dont have longs yet so would i be just asking for a whole lot of trouble. or should i do it? honesty is what i want so lets hear it!

crapyota said:
ok this post is going kinda like i thought, honest.
my rig is more capable now then when these pics were taken,but i like what im reading.

so here is my next question. i have a detroit in the rear,but im open up front still.
so whats the benifits of throwing my locked 3rd upfront,and getting a spool or welding the open one,and throwing it in the rear. i know better traction right, but i dont have longs yet so would i be just asking for a whole lot of trouble. or should i do it? honesty is what i want so lets hear it!
I didn't know yota 3rds were interchangeable front to back. Interesting.

A spool will have a little more give in the rear, but I'd prob just weld it. I'm also a jackass though and am probably way off base :cool: I ran a CJ8 with a V8 and 35s on a F/R locked 30 and AMC 20 for a few years here and in Moab with no major breakage so it can be done... Just wouldn't wanna rely too much on the skinny pedal and know when to let off when binding.

both 8" thirds are the same. in my opinion, you can have a built rig and not know how to drive. and then give someone that is an experienced driver with a rig that's not as built. the experienced driver will outperform the nonexpierenced driver almost any day. flex is great, but not everything.

crapyota said:
ok after reading darius's remarks in another thread :haha: ! i figured what the hell i need some brutal honesty so lets here it.
new023.jpg

new029.jpg

new031.jpg

new026.jpg

new021.jpg
i remember when we took these pics.:haha:

crapyota said:
but i dont have longs yet so would i be just asking for a whole lot of trouble. or should i do it? honesty is what i want so lets hear it!

weld the rear and throw the detroit up front, just carry a few spare birfs with ya till you can afford the longs.

rockabilly said:
weld the rear and throw the detroit up front, just carry a few spare birfs with ya till you can afford the longs.
i already carry a spare birf,gonna have a couple more this weekend so maybe im gonna go for more traction. time to fire up the welders.