• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fox 2.0 air shocks mounted at an angle

tmill

so i came across a bit of a problem the other day. right before i started to tear down the truck to get it ready for paint i decided to let all of the air out of my shocks to cycle test the suspension with them on. Low and behold they hit the tubing at full stuff and full drop on the opposite side. did not think that they would relocate as much as they did. To fix it i moved the axle mounts out got them tacked in and now at full stuff and full drop on opposite side i get about 3/4 from the tube. problem is that at ride height the shocks angle in pretty good. forgot to get a number but i would guess it is over 10* maybe even 15*.
is this going to effect the performance of the shock(beyond the normal loss of dampening that you get with doing this with normal shocks) i am most worried about the shaft supporting the weight weird, not being in a vertical position. Could it bend the shaft if i am not careful?
any other possible problem i might encounter.
i am painting this weekend so i should be able to get pics up and put the angel finder on it to get a number.

also what do you think of notching out the frame and coping in a 3inch tube into the frame of the bed right below the shock mount to make it work. i could probably get atleast another 3/4 out of it by doing that i would think. might help out some

Last edited:
so i got it all back together today. it is at 30*. any advice. will i be bending shafts or is it safe to run