• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Front Brake Issues

why is everybody pointing at the calipers? I bet while the calipers were hanging to get the springs replaced the internals of the hoses got damaged. I do agree with replacing both sides when doing anything when it comes to brakes....

why is everybody pointing at the calipers? I bet while the calipers were hanging to get the springs replaced the internals of the hoses got damaged. I do agree with replacing both sides when doing anything when it comes to brakes....
Because the way an XJ hose is built/mounted, it doesn't kink the hose...

Ill obviously clean it up with some brake cleaner, but

What do you suggest i try to lube it up with??

:eeek: why do i always find myself asking that question:haha:

Either Moly Lube, or silicone caliper lube....as for the question you keep asking yourself, you'll have to figure that out on your own!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

I'm not saying don't support a caliper while it's off for whatever reason, but in this case, the hose won't kink by the design of the hose and the way it's mounted to the caliper...

I only replaced the rear springs. The front was never off the ground, nor the wheels/tires off.

OK, i'll spill my feelings more...what if there was a car with a caliper DESIGN(on one side only) that sucked? But the other side worked just fine.

Or what if the "replace both" rule was created by parts houses.

Just another random thought from Bunk

Wow, Noone took the bait. sheeples...all of ya!!!!!!!

FISH ON!!!!!

I think it is a parts house/mechanics shop conspiracy. Double up the work. I suppose it is easier to do both while you have it in the air than to do one, drive for a while, put it back up in the air to replace the other side that failed.

Or it could be a longevity thing. If one failed then the other must not be far behind so replace it too.

That being said, I always do both, match 'em up. :awesomework:

FISH ON!!!!!

I think it is a parts house/mechanics shop conspiracy. Double up the work. I suppose it is easier to do both while you have it in the air than to do one, drive for a while, put it back up in the air to replace the other side that failed.

Or it could be a longevity thing. If one failed then the other must not be far behind so replace it too.

That being said, I always do both, match 'em up. :awesomework:

Back when i worked at firestone i learned a odd thing just by chance. Stick with me here. There was ALWAYS a saturn dealership nearby(hhhhmmm) AND there was always a enterprise car rental shop nearby(hhhhmmm) AND we had a metric crapton of fords come in(hhhhmmmm) Not to mention the thousand of caravans that were always in there...Heres the point. I did sooo many brake jobs on the mazda built ford escrots that i can tell you for sure that the pass front caliper is ****. Like going metal to metal by 15k miles on several cars. Not to mention the left front caravan metal to metal issue or the taurus heater hose break that was right over the water pump rip off the customer for a water pump scam dealie. Im soooo glad im away from all that scamming.