• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ftoy #518 build

Had a great time at AOP finally got to
Use my light bar!
They were bright enough for my brother non light having ass to ride out front!
ma9a7e6u.jpg
5y7evajy.jpg
qu7ygu2u.jpg

Sent from this bust'd ass iPhone

Someone please talk
Me out of a V8! I will end up marketing this a true 4 seater and With that I will be adding more tubbing and support ,compensate for the extra weight will be a v8 and tons. I just hate to ruin a great setup! This thing does very well!

I should just stick to what I got and turbo this dang thing!

stickymuck said:
3RZ should have all the power you need. Don't swap in a V8!
if i was gonna go through the hassle of doing a motor swap and not putting a v8 or v6 ......the only 4cyl i would go back with would be a 2tr-fe same as the 3rz but with vvti . I've had a Tacoma with a 3rz and my buddy's got a newer one with a 2tr-fe and there is no comparison . his truck revs for daysssssss and doin a newer toy 4cyl swap is expensive , i had 3k in my sami buggy... 2rz, taco trans ,geardrive case ,and the adapter for the taco trans too geardrive case and other miscellaneous stuff but you would save some coin where you already had the geardrive case , but your right if ya do a v8 or even v6 the toy axles will not handle it if you wheel hard at all . here is a guy that has done a couple of 2tr-fe swaps (i can't remember his name ) the sidekick has the juice that's for sure

SIDEKICK SCREAMS UP BACKDOOR

Wow that thing is pretty impressive. Either way I go I wana stay with propane for safety reasons and simplicity

You've wheeled it, what? twice? And you're already talking about a complete drivetrain swap...

No way I'd take the time and effort to swap a v8 and tons into a finished Ftoy.

Because then you'll want to 4 link it

And then you'll think " Well ****, putting a front and rear 4 link on a Toyota frame kinda sucks"

Then you'll cut out all the frame and re-do a sub frame.

And then you'll think "Well ****, I'd like a buggy that don't look like a bread truck now that I have tons and motor that makes cool v8 sounds"

Then you'll cut up and re-do some of the upper tube work, and put a new front end on it.

THEN, you'll realize that the original rig you started with is all in pieces laying on the floor, and you could have just built another rig with 4 seats, a v8 and tons, and had exactly what you wanted, and could have kept wheelin the Ftoy the whole time.

:****:

TBItoy said:
You've wheeled it, what? twice? And you're already talking about a complete drivetrain swap...

And then you'll think " Well ****, putting a front and rear 4 link on a Toyota frame kinda sucks"

And then you'll think "Well ****, I'd like a buggy that don't look like a bread truck now that I have tons and motor that makes cool v8 sounds"

Then you'll cut up and re-do some of the upper tube work, and put a new front end on it.

THEN, you'll realize that the original rig you started with is all in pieces laying on the floor, and you could have just built another rig with 4 seats, a v8 and tons, and had exactly what you wanted, and could have kept wheelin the Ftoy the whole time.

This!!

TBItoy said:

Here's my sign !

Lol very true

Seeeee I told y'all to talk me out of it !

Guess I'm gonna go buy a grand Cherokee and tore some tons under it!

But iv got a turbo manifold on the way and probably gonna give carry a call again to talk more turbo pane smack!

June dog said:
Why put tons under a Grand? Shitty sub frame and it's a Grand Cherokee. Sounds like more money than cents. :****:
Really... That's like saying I won't buy a dodge truck because they have shitty transmissions ?!?! Because I sure would hate to leave room for improvement ... But that's for your positive outlook

TBItoy said:

x1000000

hjpcummins said:
Really... That's like saying I won't buy a dodge truck because they have shitty transmissions ?!?! Because I sure would hate to leave room for improvement ... But that's for your positive outlook

At the end of the day, it's still a unibodied rig. Been there, done that. Never again. I will admit though that after you add 1/4" angle to the entire frame and ditch the factory suspension completely. It'll go almost as many places as a v8 swapped 4runner.

Not much on the fab side going in right now. But gathering parts to turbo pane the toy , also ordered a nice set of wake tower speakers
ase3edys.jpg
zypybuha.jpg
vynanuda.jpg
not sure if I'm going to leave them in this location. Since a rear bench seat is on order and the passengers will be death within 5 min of riding

I did get around to mounting the cooler/storage rak mounted
naze6ytu.jpg

Also threw this hood hoop togeather not sure how I'm going to integrate it hinged
uhazu5ed.jpg

Re: Re: Ftoy #518 build

Well after taking a wack at racing at aop I noticed my rig is not necessarily setup for that style riding. Fast.

So I've decided to change a few things up and tear everything down and check all welds and so fourth also finish painting the entire chassis
syju9e3a.jpg
by2y6umy.jpg