• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel Cell Size

Not at all what I was expecting.....and you trail ride this beast? If so, you are on my top ten list of didn't think I'd see that on the trail machines.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Now that's funny. I only raced it up until now but its going to pull double duty now. Haven't decided if I want to keep the 49's on it or throw a set of 55's on it for trail riding. Here's a few random specs.

6100 lbs on the 14.9's
Meritor axles, rear steering coming soon
24" belly 82" overall height 106.5" wide (its lower now)
Mid rear engine
Built 7.3 Powerstroke no idea what actual HP is but Ill guess over 500.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Not at all what I was expecting.....and you trail ride this beast? If so, you are on my top ten list of didn't think I'd see that on the trail machines.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Me neither. I like it!

Can we be best Fran's? Damnit that bad ass man. Glad ya found ur way out from under that rock. Sweet rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Ford said:
Not sure its going to fit down some trails width wise but Ill try to anyway. :dunno:
Ive rode with rigs that had deuce and a half's that didn't have the hubs flipped but the wheels had little to no back spacing. Flipped hubs and rocks don't have a terrible time as long as they are rear steer. How do you compare to that?

BUG-E J said:
Ive rode with rigs that had deuce and a half's that didn't have the hubs flipped but the wheels had little to no back spacing. Flipped hubs and rocks don't have a terrible time as long as they are rear steer. How do you compare to that?

Its just a tick wider then 2.5 tons with the hubs flipped out. I can flip the wheels and get it down to 102.5" but Im not sure about interference when the rear steer goes on. I know it will clear at 106.5". Im sure it will make for some interesting moments on the trail but it may make some other times less interesting.

That's not terrible but you won't be able to do long narrow trails. You'll have to stick to the main roads going hill to hill.
And I'm 8 gallons. I try to top off after 3 hours or so of riding cause it will run out. But usually if I top it off late lunch I get a full day in with no issues.

That's about what I figured but that's OK. The good thing is that I doubt it will ever break a axle. I went to parks all over the country the last 3 years and never really got to see much of them unless I hitched a ride with someone else. Its time for that to change.

A Ford said:
Not sure its going to fit down some trails width wise but Ill try to anyway. :dunno:

You'll be fine on width. Might not have the same line choices as a Yota (you'll have to drive over the rocks instead of around them :stir: )

TBItoy said:
You'll be fine on width. Might not have the same line choices as a Yota (you'll have to drive over the rocks instead of around them :stir: )

That's kind of how I figured it. That's where the giant tires come into play. Not sure how the 49's will be but if I need to go bigger that woudnt be too big of a problem.

I was at windrock in sept and saw a red Yj on full width rocks and what looked like 54 skinny Michelins, it was the widest, tallest rig I've seen in woods, thing was a beast, if he could cruise there I'd say you will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can think of a few trails you'd be screwed on a Windrock....but if you were on those trails you'd probably fall asleep due not really being a trail, but more like a deteriorated road. All the "regular big jeep trails" you'd pimp through with no extra butter needed on the sides no problem.

Haven't been to Windrock yet but I've always heard it is a great place. I've been out in a SXS at AOP and there's quite a few spots it would be tight but still looked like it would be fun. There's a bunch of stuff at Rush that Im sure it will fit into. BKOP and Harlan are two that are on the list that Id really like to make it to. Its maiden voyage will probably be The Flats in NC since that's only a 45 minute drive.

Coming to the flats on Nov 3-4? I'm close there, would love to see it in person. Our group wheels hard, so you might fit right in. There's a few folks on rocks and one on 49s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My dads ramjet 502 buggy on 43" stickys has a 12 gallon cell and will ride all day, and that's about it lol.

I have a 24 gallon cell in my jeep and can ride 2.5-3 days with the stroked 6cyl.

dwa2469 said:
I believe you started a thread about tire size on here for that rig once before. Its a beast :dblthumb:

I did. I probably should just start a rebuild thread, this seems like a much better place for that then the "other" site.

Just measured and found that a Jaz 270-622-01 will fit if I flip it around. Artec makes a pretty nice mount for it too. The sparks should start flying next week on the front but Im still waiting on the engine. Its at the machine shop and I had some parts issues to deal with.

You guys have been really helpful so Ill give you the first preview of the new body. I've never owned a early Bronco and have always wanted one so I decided to turn it into one. Still trying to decide on black or Ford Grabber Blue for the body panels. Either way the chassis is getting blacked out. Sure wish I could have washshovedfirst but it got shoved into the shop with 7 pistons and hasn't moved since.