• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fuel cell ?

flip

Is it ok to have two sumps on bouth sides of a fuel cell. I was out driving my truck on some rocks and when i got off camber the full moved away from the sump and I ran out of fuel. so my plan was to have anouther sump put on and have to pick up lines on the left and right side of the cell with a y instaled near the pump.
Also I cant have the sump in the middle due to the exaust and cant move the muffler because of the links.
Thanks for any input :D

I would think if you had a pick-up at either end of the fuel cell, and one end started sucking air (air moves easier than fuel), I don't think it'd draw the fuel from the other pick-up...might be wrong, but that's how I see it in my head!:D

Thats a good point I dont know I have never seen a fuel cell with a sump bouth sides and there is probably a good reason.

I would think if you had a pick-up at either end of the fuel cell, and one end started sucking air (air moves easier than fuel), I don't think it'd draw the fuel from the other pick-up...might be wrong, but that's how I see it in my head!:D

That's how I see it too.

If I put the sump in the the middle and coverd the lins with a heat sheild would that be good enough or would it be to dangerous to run the fuel line that close to the muffler.
I will post a pic of what im working with.

IMG_1286.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
If I put the sump in the the middle and coverd the lins with a heat sheild would that be good enough or would it be to dangerous to run the fuel line that close to the muffler.
I will post a pic of what im working with.

IMG_1286.jpg
[/IMG]

I cant remember what fuel cell you have! Did Jason tig that sump onto that tank?

If you need someone to tig weld on a new sump Let me know My buddys welding shop is right by the Arlington airport!

Last edited:
I dont know its off Ians car his old one. I dont thinks so though I know he did the bracing on the tabs.

You could move the sump to the middle....I don't see the exhaust or links being an issue...you could add a small heat shield if you're concerned though!!!

ya it dos have the larg cap.
those pickups seem like it would work but im not going to lie I dont understand how it works dos it replace the the cap or dos it go into the tank and hook them together.
Thanks for the help man :cool:

ya it dos have the larg cap.
those pickups seem like it would work but im not going to lie I dont understand how it works dos it replace the the cap or dos it go into the tank and hook them together.
Thanks for the help man :cool:

I asked about the cap beacuse you need to reach into the tank to get the pickups into the tank

The way they work is when one sucks air it closes itself

You would probly need 3 of them in your tank 2 in the back corners and one in the front in the center

The only problem with the pick ups is the cost You would probly be around $90 with shipping and you would still need to weld up the bottom of the tank and weld in a bung

If you need someone to weld the sump to the middle of the tank Clean out the tank cut off the sump get it ready to weld on and I can have it done for $40-$50

Latest posts