• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel Filler Parts

Blueleader

Anyone know of a local or online vendor that sells universal fuel filler parts, like you'd see on flatbeds and truck service bodies? I'm trying to setup the gas filler neck on my rig and can't find anyone that sells this stuff. Even struck out on Ebay.

Also, what about using a molded radiator hose for connecting the filler neck to the gas tank? Bad idea?

There are 4 pieces to the filler, ~the neck on the tank, the piece that the gas cap screws into (filler part), the large main hose, and the smaller vent hose! If you need to lengthen it, just get longer hose's and new clamps! Go to the parts house and you can buy the hose by the inch! You can get the pre-molded hoses, but they will cost alot more! If you need the filler part, go down to a wrecking, u-pullit place and look around for the one you like!

I wouldn't use the standard molded radiator hose, its not designed to handle fuel. Most parts houses will have fuel filler hose, its specially coated to handle fuel.

Yeah, bad idea on the rad. parts. Unless you like changing fuel filters.
What dia. do you need? Napa sells fuel filler hoses. Might sell the other stuff too. I have been looking for some of those truck body fuel filler parts myself. Let us know what you find. I was going to call a local truck body mfr. if I couldn't find anything.

Yeah, bad idea on the rad. parts. Unless you like changing fuel filters.
What dia. do you need? Napa sells fuel filler hoses. Might sell the other stuff too. I have been looking for some of those truck body fuel filler parts myself. Let us know what you find. I was going to call a local truck body mfr. if I couldn't find anything.

It's 1.5". Good call on checking with Napa. They have a molded hose that I think will work perfect and the price really isn't much more than a rad hose. I put an XJ tank in my CJ and the filler hose needs a fairly tight 90 degree bend right off of the tank. I also dug up a filler neck from an early 80's chevy pickup that I think will work out ok (with a few mods, as always).

By the time this poor Jeep is back on the trail, it'll have parts from about 50 different vehicles. :D

The hose I'm going to try...
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...tNumber=1031&Description=Gas+Filler+Neck+Hose