• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fugly Toyota Truggy

Tlh89

Just a little background. I started out years ago with an IFS Tacoma. Locked f and r with all the goodies but still IFS. Wheeled it for a long time, eventually wanted more. A friend, Billy Newton, built me a samurai. 1.3, propane, toyotas, 4 linked rear, and weighed nothing. It would flat hurt some feelings for an ugly pos on 36s. I eventually grew tired of wheeling and sold it for nearly nothing. A few years later I'm now married and took my wife to watch a race at AOP and she loved it and wants to start riding. I bought an 87 SAS 4Runner that you may have seen for sale. It was nice but more of a trail riding rig. Wife wanted something steetable we could haul our dogs in. Anyways, the runner just wasn't cutting it and couldn't do what I wanted to do so i finally convinced her to let me sell it and buy a friends Toyota truggy I've wanted for years. It ain't pretty but I'm going to work on that..

Toyota truggy based off of a 90s cab
2rz engine
3 link front w/ 2.125 Ballistic air shocks
4 link rear w/ 2.0 Fox air shock
39.5 iroks on recentered H1 double beadlocks
4.88s/spools front and rear
Dual cases twin sticked w/ 4.7 in rear case
30 spline longfields
TG 6 shooters
Trunion Bearing eliminators
TG Drive flanges
Full Hydro steering
Corbeau seats and harnesses

I hope to get to wheel it for the first time this weekend. The plan is to put the fenders back on and paint everything one color. Stay tuned...

Latest posts