• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fxr problem

dobber

just got a new crawler all together and played for about 5 minutes and forward and reverse stopped working. The fxr led's are normal, steady 4 blinking to 1 and the trottle lights ramp up and back down but nothing moves. There are no chimes when i turn it on anymore as well. anybody ever have this problem.

im am running 2 45t brushed motors, the fxr, rc4wd dig unit, hitec hs-7590th, tq3 and 2215 reciever and a CC bec wired to the reciever w red wire disconnected.

this is the same setup i have been running on my clod crawler for years. only new thing is the dig unit.

I have tried recalibrating it a few times. The led's do all the right stuff but there is no chimes and beeps and then no power to motors after

Almost sounds like the ESC isn't getting a signal from the RX. Have you tried removing the dig unit and testing without it? If not that is where I would start, if that doesn't change anything try a new RX.

thanks for the suggestion. I took the dig out and ran esc motor wire to rear motor. plugged in battery turned on esc and it made the chimes that it should and the motor worked. :awesomework:

but...

On my first time running it though the motors were functioning through the dig unit for a few minutes, but dig unit when functioning did not front dig though. only 4wd and rear only.

so...

Maybe i have a bad dig unit?

Dig problem. Test the esc by bypassing the dig and hooking a motor directly to the esc. If it works your esc is fine and the dig is lost. Could br toast, could be your cheap radio without endpoints. also screw with the 3rd channel nuetral on the back of the radio. that might get the dig locked into a position.

esc tested good going directly to motor

i dont think its the radio, my buddy just installed the same dig unit on is rockslide rs10 and is using a tq3 and 2215 reciever.

played with the adjustment knob on the back no change.

I think we have a bad dig unit, looks like im giving rc4wd a call in the morning.

thanks for the help

RC4wd's dig unit is junk IMO. There have been numerous failures and the motor lock does not work compared to the punk dig unit.

A guy at the hobby shop in Olympis had a rc4wd rocker one in his xr10 an let me and buddy play with it and seemed like it worked good to me. So my buddy got one for his rs10 and it has been working good (playing with this one more i noticed the lack of motor lock up. I went online and got this rocker 2 which states it has a stronger brake, now it doesnt work. I guess i should have paid a little extra and got the punk... hmmmm what to do

4pk with dual esc's,lol..

Only down side to the punk is if you order it they are about a month out--but its a far superior unit compared to the rocker dig unit.